Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Live - No service
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Live - No service
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeDStoke
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: TomTom Live - No service Reply with quote

Have not been able to receive the HD traffic service for the past couple of days and now getting a message that the service is intended for another device. Has anyone else had this problem ?
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go into Change Prefs on your device, and then My TomTom Account

Reenter your email and Password that is registered to you account,

Click Ok and it should update it with the TomTom Server

This is how I cleared it the couple of times I got this error on my 540

Hope that helps.
MikeDStoke
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my problem started when I first logged in, prior to that the screen was showing as anonymous but was working. I have tried logging in again but the result is the same. I have now contacted tomtom support and they have come back with a few suggestions ... will see how those go
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Luck

When I first used my device it came up as annonymous and worked,

I created a new Account on TomTom Home for the device as I had my old device linked, and it came up with the messages you were getting,

eg 540@myemail.com

I then created ANOTHER brand new account this time on the 540 iteslf,

eg new540@myemail.com

This time it worked and allowed updates through home and the error message stopped

So if you have access to a good supply of email addresses try entering a new one on the TomTom Device and change to that one when you reconnect to home again, that may help

Good luck. Its a pain and should not be needed (But it is TomTom!)
MikeDStoke
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I will give that a try if the support methods do not work
matthewj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have now registered my device against my account, and get the message you see. I had plain traffic before, and see a "this service is not suitable for this device" message. It says to log into my account on the web, but that shows nothing of interest. I'm sure the web account used to show the device details, but I can't find that any more.

Please keep us informed of any steps that work for you.
MikeDStoke
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Performed a factory reset as requested by support. Now that it has gone back to anonymous the traffic is working once more. I am loath to login to my account on the tomtom in case I lose the service again, will save that until the trial period expires
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This occurs if you enter the account details of a user other than that associated with the HD Subscription. Happened to me this morning. You must use the login details associated with the device or leave it blank, if you don't HD traffic falls over and you get very unhelpful error messages that have little to do with the actual cause.
MikeDStoke
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
This occurs if you enter the account details of a user other than that associated with the HD Subscription. Happened to me this morning. You must use the login details associated with the device or leave it blank, if you don't HD traffic falls over and you get very unhelpful error messages that have little to do with the actual cause.

The email I am keying in is the one I used when I first set up the TomTom so do not know why I have the problem ... but think I will stick with being anonymous for now
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeDStoke wrote:
The email I am keying in is the one I used when I first set up the TomTom so do not know why I have the problem ... but think I will stick with being anonymous for now

Is it the same account you log-in with in HOME when updating the device?
MikeDStoke
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
MikeDStoke wrote:

Is it the same account you log-in with in HOME when updating the device?

That is the one that I am using .. and it works fine for the HOME application. I have updated my log with support to tell them that I have now reset my device and got the service back but only when connected as anonymous...perhaps this will prompt them to check the account is correctly setup. I did have a previous tomtom but this was logged against a different email account
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have another TT device or subscription account it seems that you cannot reuse an existing username or account. I still have active GPRS Traffic on my PDA and I had to create a totally new user account for the Live Services. I also had to create a new account for my wifes Go. When you do this I suggest that you disable password remembering in Home so it does not log you on to the wrong account.

Home does seem to recognise the correct account and device information when finally set up and asks for the correct username's password when you connect.
MikeDStoke
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrT wrote:
If you have another TT device or subscription account it seems that you cannot reuse an existing username or account. I still have active GPRS Traffic on my PDA and I had to create a totally new user account for the Live Services. I also had to create a new account for my wifes Go. When you do this I suggest that you disable password remembering in Home so it does not log you on to the wrong account.

Home does seem to recognise the correct account and device information when finally set up and asks for the correct username's password when you connect.

I have not logged into home with the old account for several months and created the new account for this device as I knew everything was tied to the account and I may need to update the old tomtom at some point (an old go classic).

Well just see what support comes up with
matthewj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been through this loop just yesterday. In essence, you have to do a restore to factory settings to get the trial working again. Then, don't enter your tomtom account on the device. It will work fine, until you enter the account.
MikeDStoke
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matthewj wrote:
I've been through this loop just yesterday. In essence, you have to do a restore to factory settings to get the trial working again. Then, don't enter your tomtom account on the device. It will work fine, until you enter the account.

Just had a reply back from 2nd level support that I should not log into my account on the device as this then triggers it to test for a paid subscription on the account ... since this is a trial subscription these details will not be on the account so you lose the service.

I a nutshell you have to stay as anonymous until the trial period is over

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: