Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Nav 6 Voice problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Nav 6 Voice problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andygrove
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: TomTom Nav 6 Voice problems Reply with quote

I have recently updated the ROM on my HTC Athena, and after reinstalling TTNav 6 I have problms with the voices.

Everytime the TTNAV software starts, it says the sound is turned off, I can't turn it on until I have reselected the only voice that I have, which is Jane. Once I select that voice I can then turn the sound on and everything works as it should.

Does anyone have any idea how I can stop this happening?? If I select Jane then I want her to start up next time the program starts.

Thanks in advance.
BaggieBoy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT6 on my Palm Treo 750 also starts up with the sound turned off. I believe this is because it is connected to GPRS and the phone treats this as being on a call. In my case I have to select "turn on sound" twice and then it works normally after that (except for the occasional radio mute when it is downloading e-mail or traffic data).
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaggieBoy wrote:
TT6 on my Palm Treo 750 also starts up with the sound turned off. I believe this is because it is connected to GPRS and the phone treats this as being on a call. In my case I have to select "turn on sound" twice and then it works normally after that (except for the occasional radio mute when it is downloading e-mail or traffic data).

I have the identical problem and solution on my HTC touch diamond - sound turned off and need to turn it on twice before it will come on. But it does not happen everytime.

However I can't see the GPRS being the problem - most of the time my phone is not using GPRS but is on 3G. But in any event the phone knows that data movement is not a call - it does not mute when I receive emails for example.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: