Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Strange Problem with Navman T1 and N20
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Strange Problem with Navman T1 and N20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cook1e
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Strange Problem with Navman T1 and N20 Reply with quote

Both my wife and I have Navman N20 GPS units and have T1 traffic modules. My Traffic module hasn’t worked for ages and I thought I had a problem with it, however as the GPS worked fine and TMC coverage is pretty non existent in our area so I didn’t worry about it too much. Last month I went on holiday to Holland and I found that the T1 unit worked fine with my N20 which was strange. However on return to the UK again I had no TMC throughout the journey from the port home. Today my wife happened to have her N20 with her when we were out and inadvertently installed it in my cradle/T1 and to my surprise the T1 unit had a TMC signal straight away, we swapped it with mine and had no signal, tried this several times throughout the journey and my wife’s N20 picked up TMC no problem using my T1 and cradle whereas my N20 would not. The strange thing is I know mine worked fine in Holland so I have a unit that works in Holland but not in the UK! Mine did work with no issues when I first purchased the T1 so it seems to have stopped working in the UK but only with my N20 not my wife’s. My unit does show the TMC logo but it’s always greyed out in the UK. Anyone got any idea what could be wrong and how to fix this. I have also sent a message to Navman tech support.....
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What car do you drive and does it have an athermic windscreen, is the car the same for both devices in question? - Mike
cook1e
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We tried both N20's in my Jag X Type today, one worked, one didn't. Also mine worked in the X Type in Holland but not in the UK. The Jag doesn't haver a heated front screen so it's not the car.
cook1e
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Solution to Navman TMC issue Reply with quote

Got a reply from Navman tech support. Strange method suggested to fix it but it worked!

They suggested I deleteall the UK maps and then reload them. Apparently The map data that is installed on the Navman actually has traffic tables installed within the data which works along with the T1 module to give you traffic alerts.

Anyway, if anyone else has a Navman that suddenly stops showing a TMC signal anymore even in strong signal areas the above solution is worth a try. Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: