Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Voice problem after 8.3 on 720
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Voice problem after 8.3 on 720
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum Mike, there is a way to roll your device back to the version 8,010 software assuming you have not updated your maps to v815.

The new application is unable to read the old MapSettings.cfg file so it deletes it and creates a new one, this is where all your POI warnings are stored so it loses all the settings! Favourites will have also gone if you use them.

You really need to back up your device to avoid getting into the current situation where you cannot simply roll the device back using a back up - for now you can still download the Navcore 8,010 release and manually install it by following the instructions I posted last week in This Thread - BACK IT UP BEFORE DOING THIS THOUGH

And once it is working running 8,010 BACK IT UP AGAIN, use Windows Explorer for your backups as it is far more reliable than the TT Home software - Mike
clarkmike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for the advice Mike - I'll give it a go.
I did back up my device - but unfortunately before I realised I had a problem. Hence I ended up with a back-up of the dodgy software.
I shan't be so hasty in future!
Mike
Infama
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gatorguy6996 wrote:
It also reportedly disables repeating of navigation instructions. May also disable GPRS for Plus Services. Can anyone confirm?

Only the PAID plus services maybe....all the free ones work, ie weather, QFix and Buddies.
clowes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could anyone please care to answer my previous post, giving a simple, idiot friendly guide to getting the setup i require.
Many Thanks
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clowes wrote:
Could someone explain how (in simple terms) I get what I want:

A 920t with advanced lane guidance, IQ routes, usage of the mp3 jukebox (and broadcasting through my radio), good directions, and correct voices telling me EXACTLY what to do.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

OK - if you need navigation instructions via FM then you cannoy use 8.300 or any of the x40 Navcores as TT have now disabled that function going forward.

This means that you will have to use Navcore 8.010 on a 920 - this will give you IQ routes and FM, (but not IQ2 routes as it is not compatible with maps after 8.10).

So, firstly download 8.010 for the 920 from http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/navcore/navcore_8.010.9369.gox20.cab

Use WINRAR and with your TT connected, but HOME closed, right click on the CAB file you have just downloaded and select Winrar - Extract Files .... and then select the drive letter for your TT. When it prompts you about overwriting files choose yes to all.

When that has finished from within My Computer right click on the drive letter for your TT and choose Eject. It will then reboot. When it asks you to connect to computer choose No and then power it off. Power back on again and then this time choose Yes when prompted to connect to computer.

At this point you have Navcore 8.010 installed but it will not work with the 8.15 maps. Start up Home and copy the 8.15 map to your computer then remove it from the device.

Now you need to install your previously downloaded or copied from your TT backup of your 8.10 map .

Go in to Add Maps Traffic Voices etc, choose Maps and it should be listed as being on your computer. Select this to reinstall it.

Job done.

Don't worry about the TTS7 Kate being on the device, shouldn't affect it. If you want to update your TTS6 Voices using Home, there is an update to Kate 6.93 available if your device shipped with 6.91 - it should be available through Add Maps Traffic Voices etc - Voices - Computer Voices (assuming you are usingthe latest version of HOME that came out this week) or previously it was in Add Maps Traffic Voices etc - Computer Voices

Hope this helps.

Andy
clowes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy,

Many Thanks for the in depth response, I am sure it will be helpful to many. Unfortunately I obviously mis-stated my needs.

All i need is music through FM. I am happy with instructions through the tomtom.

I have 8.3, and .15 maps and have now added the correct voice (v7) as described in a previous post. I am taking it out tonight, and will make a comprehensive list of any and all rpoblems I encounter. Thanks
mrfreeze
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clowes wrote:

I have 8.3, and .15 maps and have now added the correct voice (v7) as described in a previous post. I am taking it out tonight, and will make a comprehensive list of any and all rpoblems I encounter. Thanks

If your taking Kate out tonight, then remember to buy her dinner and a good wine, then she may be more cooperative Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sorry i'm just in that kind of mood today Wink
Kate v710 UK & ROI v850.2781
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrfreeze wrote:

If your taking Kate out tonight, then remember to buy her dinner and a good wine, then she may be more cooperative Laughing Laughing Laughing

But be careful not to serve too much wine. That may make here start stuttering again... Very Happy
clowes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kate was great tonight on the face of it!

She didnt stutter which is an improvement BUT she NEVER said continue down this road for x miles which when I got the sat nav it did.. and She would say stuff like turn left in 800 yards, when the tomtom screen said 300 yards. How would I go about fixing these two voice(apparently the only two) problems?

Next in looking at the map, trying to relate the instructions to my location it was very difficult because the cursor for the car seemed to move incredibly slowly such that I would have already turned left before the cursor had moved around. Is this the refresh rate malarky? and how do i fix it?

The only other thing was I had my music broadcasting through fm. I would get a phone call, click accept then the music went off put I could not here the phoner. I then hung it up, and my music although playing wasnt coming through.. So i had to restart. Any suggestions there?

Thanks
Tom
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The map refresh problem is unfortunately another major bug in 8.300.

No cure for that until TT release a Navcore that works, other than running one of the x40 Navcores.

Some users have reported that the x30 8.300 cures the refresh rate problem - I personally didn't notice any difference between the 8.300 for the x20 and the x30.

As far as the FM not coming back on after phone calls and not being able to hear callers etc I have these bugs from day one on a 520, and have gone through 5 x20 devices which have all exhibited this behaviour at one point or another with every Navcore release.

Andy
mrfreeze
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,

I just connected to home and its now offering me Kate V710 as an update.

I'm going to download it and see what happens.
rascall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My KKKKKate has a a a a stttuter since upppppgrading
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrfreeze wrote:
Guys,

I just connected to home and its now offering me Kate V710 as an update.

I'm going to download it and see what happens.

Are you still running 8.300?

I will try mine now on HOME.

Andy
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get offered Kate 7.1?

Do you have Kate v7 on the device before you got offered the update or Kate v6.9?

Andy
mrfreeze
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:
I didn't get offered Kate 7.1?

Do you have Kate v7 on the device before you got offered the update or Kate v6.9?

Andy

Yes i still have App8.3 and had the v7 Kate you linked.

I just connected this morning and it offered me Kate as a download, when i looked at more information its identified as v710. So i downloaded it.

Won't get chance to test her till tomorrow.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 22 of 49

Jump to: