Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Voice problem after 8.3 on 720
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Voice problem after 8.3 on 720
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loriannod
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think the stuttering is caused by IQ2 routing as I only have 8.10 maps with IQ1 (weekday/weekend)
cutslick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From tests with my 920T I have now concluded that voice stuttering is caused by a combination of Navcore v8.300 and Loquendo v6.9. With v7.0+ I found it to be OK. The slowing down of map operation (screen update rate etc) is down to the new IQ routes feature with map v8.15. Having disabled IQ routes I now have my 920T operating with a decent refresh and little position lagging using Navcore v8.3 and v8.15 map, far from ideal but a solution.
zumanon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have a slightly different story.I had the 2GB Turkey and Europe map v.725.1908 which came pre-installed on my GO720. Previously as I was running 8.015 I was having problems with "operate my go" function on the TomTom Home. So when I upgraded to v8.3 last week I was elated, I could operate the GO from my PC! I was using TTS Susan which had a beautiful pronunciation of Turkish street names( Did I say I was located in Turkey, by the way?). Susan didn't suffer anything from the 8.3 upgrade.

Then seeing the offer on Home yesterday I bought a standalone Turkey map, v815.2033. Now with the new map all that is gone and Susan lost her ability to pronounce Turkish names! I am stuck with an American woman reading Turkish for the first time in her life:)

However, when I switch back to the 725 map, Susan again pronounces Turkish as good as ever.

A couple of other things to note: With the old map there is 12 MB RAM left whereas with the new map there is 22MB. With the new map the refresh rate seems to have slowed down also.

So I couldn't figure all this out. The problem does not seem to stem from 8.3, apparently. I don't know installing a LoquendoV7 could solve this problem.

Can I get some comments please?
topgazza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its fair to say its both. 8.15 maps won't work without 8.3. There appear to be a combination of faults depending on model and also...possibly...what each person has running. The common denominator appears to be the 8.3 and 8.15 map upgrades. Until TomTom come up with a fix I suspect everyone will have their own version and combinations.

If I may suggest I would leave the working combination alone for a while....

Oh...and welcome....

Nokia Lumia 800 with Nokia Maps, iPhone 4S with Apple Maps (sigh)
zumanon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, topgazza. I guess you are right. I will leave it alone for a while. Anyway I tried to install Kate V7 as described in above posts but couldn't manage to run it. My ineptitude I guess:)

2GB Turkey and Europe v725.1908

Turkey v815.2218
Hoppy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loriannod wrote:
I dont think the stuttering is caused by IQ2 routing as I only have 8.10 maps with IQ1 (weekday/weekend)

I have the stuttering with the same version maps. If I travel the same route 2 or 3 or more times the stuttering happens at different times and places, long street names short ones it does not matter but it always stutters somewhere. Also does not make any difference if traffic is connected or not and wether I have lots of POI's a few or even none.
NA 2GB v8.45
bullyterrier
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps everyone that has a problem since the upgrade should contact support. The more problems logged then it might speed up some fix.
batties
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bullyterrier wrote:
Perhaps everyone that has a problem since the upgrade should contact support. The more problems logged then it might speed up some fix.

I logged my call about a week ago and they told me the following Rolling Eyes

With regards to the computer voice stuttering, we have had reports that a disk defragment and disk check should resolve this issue

Guess what did exactly what TatTat (sorry TomTom) said and still have the stuttering kate! Evil or Very Mad
TT Home version 2.7.5.2014
iPhone 4S with CameraAlert
davidnewey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: 520 kate stuttering Reply with quote

Tried this,this morning and seemed to work at least hasn,t had a problem all day.
I used the tomtom clear flash tool from their website and the overwrote Kate with v7 as mentioned in earlier post but i did not delete the lonquendo tts files i just overwrote them with kate v7 seems to work let you know if any probs with it later
agftech
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Voice problem after 8.3 on 720 Reply with quote

I got exactly ther same result on my GO 720 after the update. broken/jerky voice instructions using Kate (computer voice).

Solution. I transferred the map folder to a 2gb SD card. and removed it from the internal memory.

Reset the TT. I've been using it all day every day and the problem hasn't reoccurred.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done another day with 8.300, 8.15 W&CE and TTS7 and no stuttering experienced again all day

BUT

I still had IQ Routes turned off and STILL got the map refresh problem.

So, my conclusion is that IQ Routes on or off makes no difference to the screen refresh, and TTS7 voices seem to almost cure the stuttering - it has stuttered once with TTS7, but I couldn't get out of my drive without the TTS6 voices stuttering!

Basically, it looks like the 8.300 app is the problem as other users report that they get the stuttering with 8.010 maps which do not have IQ2 data.

Time to find the latest Navcore for a 940 and give that a go!

Andy
AlandEi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navcore_8.203.9717.go40 with the Loquendo TTS7 files is working fine on mine Andy... I was having stuttering and jerky map with my earlier ver. 720 map running Nav 8.3... so definitely that navcore version rather than the latest map that is stretching the resources...

Alan.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlandEi wrote:
Navcore_8.203.9717.go40 with the Loquendo TTS7 files is working fine on mine Andy... I was having stuttering and jerky map with my earlier ver. 720 map running Nav 8.3... so definitely that navcore version rather than the latest map that is stretching the resources...

Alan.

Thanks - I will try navcore_8.204.9718.go940.cab and see if that works fine with the TTS7 voice set.

What functionality doesn't work on the 520 when you run x40 Navcore?

Andy
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:
AlandEi wrote:

Alan.

Thanks - I will try navcore_8.204.9718.go940.cab and see if that works fine with the TTS7 voice set.

What functionality doesn't work on the 520 when you run x40 Navcore?

Andy

Traffic wouldn't work on my 720 with x40 Navcore on it.
HummerUK
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I have tried downloading the various files suggested in this thread but none seem to include the full set of files to make the newer voice files work.

I seem to be left with some files that make reference to 6.9 voice files but because the new voice files have 7 in their names they do not work.

Does a zip/rar exist of all the loquendo folder files for the x20 range?

Many thanks

HummerUK

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 14 of 49

Jump to: