Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Voice problem after 8.3 on 720
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Voice problem after 8.3 on 720
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iCN520
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I connected my 720 last night I had a warning that Kate (Comp Voice) was not compatible with my version of software (8.3) after checking the versions the one installed was V693 and I was being offered V710 now I was not having any problems with the voice stuttering to start with but this could be the NZ version of the 720 as I has 28mb of free Ram where I have seen some people reporting that their Ram was down to 10mb after the 8.3 update. Anyway have updated to Kate V710 and still have no voice stuttering problems and free Ram is now reporting as 20.2mb.

The NZ map does not have the cspeechXX.dat so voice input is not available for NZ I dont know if this is the cause of the low memory that some people report with the stuttering voice. I did read somewhere that using the 730 voice fixed the problem and I think the 730 was using V7 TTS. So it might be worth updating your comp voice to the new V710.

cheers

GO720 v9.510 Navcore & v940 Australia/New Zealand map
danart
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still believe is a charging problem....maybe because i use an aftermarket car charger.You guys with stutter issue,do you use the OEM car charger???
Tom59
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried using TomTom OEM charger and not using any charger - no difference Crying or Very sad

TT iPhone app
V 1.23 Map: Western and Central Europe 2 GB V 965.7286

TT iOS Go Mobile
V 1.1 Map: Western Europe 965.7248
mrfreeze
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danart wrote:
I still believe is a charging problem....maybe because i use an aftermarket car charger.You guys with stutter issue,do you use the OEM car charger???

Yes
Kate v710 UK & ROI v850.2781
bullyterrier
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a reply from support, and they said to do a disk check, (which I did and it made no difference) and to revert to a back up that I have.
I informed them of this forum and that some of you have used the x30 tts files. This was their reply

"we are aware of the forum and we are looking into this unfortunately just quickly reading through this no one has definitively said this has resolved there issue after testing it for a period of time so this is what we are going to look into"

So
topgazza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thats encouraging. At least they recognise the outside world.....and appear to be doing something with the information. At least they seem to be saying they recognise that "something" makes a difference. Perhaps there is enough for them to actually produce a solution sooner rather than later.

Even more reason for those testing the x30 vices on a x20 to keep updating us on progress

Nokia Lumia 800 with Nokia Maps, iPhone 4S with Apple Maps (sigh)
bullyterrier
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I am still waiting to hear if I will get my 12 months map updates extended, as I got to revert back to the old version. Bye the way the text to speech today was terrible again, unusable. It was missing out complete instructions, like when you should continue over roundabout and take the second exit at the following roundabout etc.
Tom59
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just had a response from Joker Customer Support Joker , basically saying:-

"That there is an issue at the moment with the new map and the voice instructions and I am unable to provide you with a immediate solution. However your account details have been taken account of and as soon as we have an update of the situation we will inform you."

Don't hold your breath!

TT iPhone app
V 1.23 Map: Western and Central Europe 2 GB V 965.7286

TT iOS Go Mobile
V 1.1 Map: Western Europe 965.7248
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave v8.3 a first significant try-out today. at first everything was fine, and there was no sign of the stuttering voice, but after around 40 minutes or so, Jane started to get her words mixed up, and eventually shut up altogether. I fiddled a bit, and discovered that no voices were working, and neither were any of the audible speed camera warnings.

A short while later, I noticed that the charging light wasn't on. and that the charger wasn't fully inserted into the cigarette lighter. As soon as I corrected this, all the voices & sounds came back as normal - there was no sign of the stutter at all.

So - in my case the problem definitely points towards an issue with the amount of charge in the device.
loriannod
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine stutters when fully charged and plugged in with the original TomTom Charger lead.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No stuttering today with TTS7 voices with and without RDS-TMC plugged in. The only thing I have done differently is turned off IQ routing.

Has anyone tried the TTS6 voices with IQ Routing turned off to see if it makes any difference?

Andy
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iCN520 wrote:
When I connected my 720 last night I had a warning that Kate (Comp Voice) was not compatible with my version of software (8.3) after checking the versions the one installed was V693 and I was being offered V710 now I was not having any problems with the voice stuttering to start with but this could be the NZ version of the 720 as I has 28mb of free Ram where I have seen some people reporting that their Ram was down to 10mb after the 8.3 update. Anyway have updated to Kate V710 and still have no voice stuttering problems and free Ram is now reporting as 20.2mb.

The NZ map does not have the cspeechXX.dat so voice input is not available for NZ I dont know if this is the cause of the low memory that some people report with the stuttering voice. I did read somewhere that using the 730 voice fixed the problem and I think the 730 was using V7 TTS. So it might be worth updating your comp voice to the new V710.

cheers

I don't seem to be getting offered the TTS7.10 Kate voice - any chance of making the CAB file available?

Andy
DinAlt
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note to all of you getting the message in Home that the V7 voices don't work on your device - just ignore it (assuming you copied all the TTS directory in teh previous post and not just the voices themselves) out of interest i hought I'd fire up Home to day and see if it spotted which set of voices i was using it did and said they don't work - odd as they've been fine since last Thursday...

DinAlt
Infama
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:
No stuttering today with TTS7 voices with and without RDS-TMC plugged in. The only thing I have done differently is turned off IQ routing.

Has anyone tried the TTS6 voices with IQ Routing turned off to see if it makes any difference?

Andy

I had everything turned on and used Simon...no stuttering at all. Even when I stressed it with unnecessary taps to repeat instructions.

My free Ram went from 11.9mb to 13.6mb during the 40 mile trip.

Its cured for me, for all practical purposes.
bullyterrier
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infama are you using the v7 voices then? If so where did you get the v7 simon from?
So to try and get my 720 going do I need to copy over the complete loquendo folder from a 730?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 12 of 49

Jump to: