Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Wish List for Telmap Navigator
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Wish List for Telmap Navigator
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Announcements need to be louder - I know this has been mentioned, but my N95 buttons wee broken until today.

Speed Camera accurancy needs to be improved. Those on the M25 are wildly out.

Time to destination is usually about 5-10 minutes to soon on every jouney I have done.
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition:
Driving through a town this week, I had an annoucement about a camera, but no icon showed up on the screen. The camera is physically there. This is a problem for me as I regularly run in Mute mode.

Night screen is garish to say the least. I wish Sat Nav suppliers would take a leaf out of the aviation business and make these screens have a red bias (for the technical: red light apprently does less damage to night vision/bright light balance at night. That is why cockpits are lit by red bulbs).
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SimonCatlin wrote:
Night screen is garish to say the least. I wish Sat Nav suppliers would take a leaf out of the aviation business and make these screens have a red bias (for the technical: red light apprently does less damage to night vision/bright light balance at night. That is why cockpits are lit by red bulbs).
Not if you fly using NVG Night vision goggles, red light is blinding so we use green instead.

I do wish some of the nav manufacturers would take screen backlight and clour schemes into serious consideration though, all too often have I been annoyed by the poor lighting on a device when driving distance in the dark - Mike
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My latest wish after a few weeks of night time use is for the night view colours (ie the dark ones) to cover all navigation screens. Currently when in night view you get the dark map screen but if the system needs to download a new route or you go into the menu then everything is bright white. These really need to blend more into the current scheme.
Montala
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One think I would like to see while navigating (at least on my BlackBerry Bold) is an indication of a river, either when I am crossing over or driving alongside one.

I do like the full postcode database search option though!
inftaxs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Another feature Reply with quote

I would like to see not just the next turn, but also second turn as well. Sometimes (especially after highway exits), the road immediately splits, I have a chance to miss the turn at the split since the turn indicator on the display reads 0 yards remaining for 3-4 seconds for the current turn before isplayng the next turn which I don't have enough time to react to.
TUGAdmin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Another feature Reply with quote

inftaxs wrote:
I would like to see not just the next turn, but also second turn as well. Sometimes (especially after highway exits), the road immediately splits, I have a chance to miss the turn at the split since the turn indicator on the display reads 0 yards remaining for 3-4 seconds for the current turn before isplayng the next turn which I don't have enough time to react to.

Hello,

I can understand why you would like to see this new feature which will indicate the next turn and the one following her.

But as for now we have an other feature that was created in order to resolve the immediate turn after turn issue.

In highways when you run into a second turn that is seperated by one kilometer or less from the next turn, you will be notified by a voice instrucrion notifing you about the two turns.

For example:
To turn right and then take the right lane (in case of an interchange) or to turn right and immediately turn left.
Notifing you of two action in the same voice instruction.

Best

Roi
TUGAdmin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: New Features Reply with quote

Hello All,

I would also like to add that Telmap User Group Users can now suggest new features in our online feedback form at:

[url]http://www.surveygizmo.com/s/101905/feedback-form [/url]

Best

Roi
MikeLip
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Needs a night mode and change the yes/no responses. Reply with quote

I can see no way to set a night screen mode on my Blackberry 8330.

Answering a prompt by pressing the Blackberry key to pop up a yes/no selection is not intuitive. Just put the buttons on the screen and let me trackball to the answer I want.

Fix the sound cutting out and muting everything!
TUGAdmin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Night Mode on Telmap Navigator Reply with quote

Hey Again,

Telmap Navigator does have night mode functionallity.

In order to switch into night mode please take the following steps while navigating:

1. open the navigation menu by clicking on the BB option key.
(while in navigation mode)
2. please browse down and choose Night mode.

BB8330 is a device that is not supported by the versions we release to the Telmap User Group.
The problems you are experiencing caused because the version you have installed is not compatible with your device.

Best Regards

Roi Revach

User Group Administrator

Telmap
terryxlee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see:
1. GPS Receiver selector (sometimes we use bluetooth receivers sometimes we don't)
2. Faster lock on times
3. Smoothened out UI and Something that tells you how fast your going
4. New alert sounds as the ones right now is windows sounds and makes the gps sound really cheap
5. New voices (the ladies voice right now sounds demonic)
rockandrollacdc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU NEED TO SUPPORT CDMA PHONES!!!!!

You have a great program here. This weekend was the first time i used it on a long trip. This sucker rerouted me around a trafic jam in chicago and saved me alot of time.

The major phone carrier, which is taking over the world..Smile, is CDMA. If you want more people, i would suggest you start supporting them.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: