Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Initial set up SysOnChip CF Plus with 2210 and TomTom 3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Initial set up SysOnChip CF Plus with 2210 and TomTom 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StevieB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Initial set up SysOnChip CF Plus with 2210 and TomTom 3 Reply with quote

Hi
I'm really new to this and a bit of a dummy.
When I put the CF in the Ipaq the unit's power light comes on and then goes off. When I open the SOS software to check port settings and baud rate etc the power light comes on. As soon as I exit that the light goes out.
When I open TomTom the power light is still out and I can get no sat reading.
What am I doing wrong?
Steve. Sad
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to know what baud rate it's on and whether it's in NMEA or SiRF. Your best bet would be to follow this article and download WinFast Navigator. As soon as you have WinFast Navigator running and open, insert the SysOnChip card and it will tell you what COM port it's on. Probably COM7. If so, go into the PORT settings option and try to connect using NMEA 4800 COMx (where x is your COM port number). Then go to the VIEW DEVELOPMENT screen and see if you get lots of data coming through. If you do it's working, if not it may be in SiRF and you'll need to switch it to NMEA (covered in the above link).

Once complete, disconnect and exit WinFast Navigator, run up TomTom Navigator, in the GPS screen use NMEA 0183v2 driver and in the bottom box you should see something that resembles SysOnChip. Select this, then tick the box. All should then be okay providing you were able to connect under NMEA 4800 before.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: