Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - x40/HD Traffic retailer stock and purchase
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

x40/HD Traffic retailer stock and purchase
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonstatt
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graeme2812 wrote:
Update: Because my order isn't being shipped to my billing address, security have flagged the order and as such stopped it.

Did they call/E-mail to tell me this though?

NO!

I've canceled the order as I can't see a way around this. Will try some local Halford/Comet stores tomorrow to see if I have any joy.

How did you find this out then if they didn't call or email you?
Guinness2702
Regular Visitor

(mcwarre - read back about 7 or 8 posts for dabs)

Well, surprise surprise, Halfords online order tracking now has mine dispatched. Interestingly, I've received neither SMS or email from them indicating this, despite suggestions which I would. The SMS and email when I *placed* the order came though very quickly indeed.

Ahh well, trip down to Halfords tomorrow to return it.
Graeme2812
Frequent Visitor

mcwarre wrote:
Anyone know what couriers dabs / handtec use? I don't want to order if either use CityLink?

Thanks.

Foul language edited out by DennisN

Handtec were using Citylink for my order.
United Kingdom & ROI v945.6174
stealthdevil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe dabs use CityLink.... It's either HDN, UPS, Royal Mail or Parcel Force.
stealthdevil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I can confirm mine has been shipped using HDN (Home Delivery Network)... Got my consignment number too.. Very Happy
retrospek
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just contacted Handtec and they confirmed all 540 orders have been shipped today.

See they have put the price up a bit on the website as well - but I assume that doesn't apply to orders already taken...
Graeme2812
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonstatt wrote:
Graeme2812 wrote:
Update: Because my order isn't being shipped to my billing address, security have flagged the order and as such stopped it.

Did they call/E-mail to tell me this though?

NO!

I've cancelled the order as I can't see a way around this. Will try some local Halford/Comet stores tomorrow to see if I have any joy.

How did you find this out then if they didn't call or email you?

I called them when I didn't receive any confirmation e-mail (they took my email address down wrong). It was then they told me that the order had been paused due to the different shipping and billing address. When I asked when they were going to tell me this, they weren't able to give me an answer, so I cancelled the order.

I've since placed an order with halfords, due on Wednesday 5th. Shipped to the address where I'm staying and it's been confirmed, so fingers crossed.

My other half says I too impatient (but not in so many nice words!)
United Kingdom & ROI v945.6174
jonstatt
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

retrospek wrote:
I just contacted Handtec and they confirmed all 540 orders have been shipped today.

See they have put the price up a bit on the website as well - but I assume that doesn't apply to orders already taken...

Let's hope that applies to my 940 order too! I haven't received any kind of dispatch email.

EDIT:No dispatch email from Handtec...but it has suddenly shown up in Citylink under the customer reference number. Roll on Tuesday!
Guinness2702
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received a "Notice of Delivery" from Dabs, mine has been dispatched via DHL
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, time to bet which one of you will be the first to post a "Unboxing the TomTom GO 940" on YouTube? Very Happy
retrospek
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonstatt wrote:

EDIT:No dispatch email from Handtec...but it has suddenly shown up in Citylink under the customer reference number. Roll on Tuesday!

Yeah - Mine now tracks on the CityLink website. Laughing
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with CityLink....

I have terrible trouble with them. I've lost count of the number of times I've had to go and collect from their depot and often come away empty-handed.

Twice in the last month the same driver (I can tell by his appalling handwriting) has just put a "we tried to deliver, but you were out" card through our door without knocking (we were in).

I had difficulty thinking of a good reason WHY he would do this, but when I mentioned it to the guy in the office when I went to pick up the parcel myself tonight, he said that they get LOADS of people complaining about the same thing.
He then went on to say that I should contact the sender and tell them not to use CityLink anymore!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
Good luck with CityLink....

I have terrible trouble with them.

My City Link driver is a young woman who knows she can deliver to me earlier than most private addresses, because we're always up early. So I never have the slightest trouble.

In their defence, may I point out that "carding" you is extra work for them, writing the card out (they have to write at least two things on a card - 1. The parcel ref number, 2. the delivery route number, which takes longer than just holding out their signing machine for you to sign, Then mark the parcel that you were carded date and time, then they have to stack the parcel in a different place on the van), so it's in their own interests to persuade you to answer the door. I've done a bit of multi drop work and when you bear in mind they have a van full to deliver, every time they knock on a door when the occupant is in the toilet, listening to a loud CD, out the back door hanging up the washing, whatever causes them to fail to answer the door promptly, is adding up to keeping them out on the road longer, possibly arriving late at a timed delivery, whatever.

I wouldn't excuse any driver deliberately carding instead of knocking, but I have to say I think it's a bit unlikely.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was there a sale on apostrophes in Britain, today? Surprised

Your sig:

Denni's
TomTom u'ser 'since May 2005.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No David. It's ju'st that I'm too mean to pay the 'sub's to join The Apo'strophe 'Society. But I do empathi'se with them, 'so my 'signature i's a current attempt to per'suade people to con'sider the apo'strophe. It i's very rare to run any topic without an in'stance of mi'su'se, but I don't 'see my way to correcting everybody, ju'st hope to get them thinking.

Ever the optimi'st. Laughing
To all tho'se watching who con'sider thi's Off Topic I would 'say "Lighten up!" thi's topic ha's gone on and on for age's about getting the new X40 LIVE and I'm de'sperate to hear 'somebody tell me how they perform, 'so that I can decide whether or not to buy one - I only want one that work's, 'so you'll 'see my problem, watching thi's topic and 'still nobody's got one.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: