Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Launch GO x40 LIVE Range in the UK
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Launch GO x40 LIVE Range in the UK
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guinness2702 wrote:
Darren wrote:
Hell yes! It works very well and predicted hold-ups with amazing accuracy

Do you have a matter transporter or similar device which will get one of these to me now? (I'll pay if the cost is reasonable)

Uh no. Besides mine is a pre-production prototype and I'm not letting go until TT swap it for a retail version.
Guinness2702
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Uh no. Besides mine is a pre-production prototype and I'm not letting go until TT swap it for a retail version.

Haha! I didn't want *yours*

So, what you're saying is that it's good enough that you're having one?
(What I was saying is "I do want one and I want it now!")
NickG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been waiting for this for ages, but I had no idea the monthly cost would be so high. That's nearly £100 per year and presumably doesn't even include map updates.

Do any other models have *integrated* HD traffic other than the x40 series? is there an x30 system with HD traffic? I know there's a module due to be released, but I think it requires the power cable to be plugged in which is rather annoying as I never normally bother with that as on the 910 it's only necessary for very long journeys over 2.5 hours or so.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have one if I needed the HD Traffic. I don't drive much these days and the subscription would be another issue. The safety camera data, supposedly Gold Standard as it is sourced from Road Angel is surprisingly poor in my opinion. I have just returned from a 500 mile round trip to Wales and whilst we had the SPECS zone on the M40 at Warwick, TomTom did not. One of many that we have recorded but which were missing from the 940.
Guinness2702
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickG wrote:
I've been waiting for this for ages, but I had no idea the monthly cost would be so high. That's nearly £100 per year and presumably doesn't even include map updates.

If you want HD Traffic, you'll have to pay 8 quid a month, whatever unit you have. I'm surprised you're not aware of it, 'cus I've known about it since I started lookin into them several weeks ago. Original rumour was that it would cost 10 quid a month

No, it doesn't include map updates (except for user generated map-share stuff)

Last edited by Guinness2702 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickG wrote:

It's a bitter pill, cheaper than the forecast £9.99 but still £95 per year extra.
Quote:
Do any other models have *integrated* HD traffic other than the x40 series?

No
Quote:
is there an x30 system with HD traffic?

No
Quote:
I know there's a module due to be released, but I think it requires the power cable to be plugged in which is rather annoying as I never normally bother with that as on the 910 it's only necessary for very long journeys over 2.5 hours or so.

There 'was' supposed to be a HD Traffic receiver being released. It has been postponed, whether permanently or not TT are not saying.
mcwarre
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
I would have one if I needed the HD Traffic. I don't drive much these days and the subscription would be another issue. The safety camera data, supposedly Gold Standard as it is sourced from Road Angel is surprisingly poor in my opinion. I have just returned from a 500 mile round trip to Wales and whilst we had the SPECS zone on the M40 at Warwick, TomTom did not. One of many that we have recorded but which were missing from the 940.

Well it is either not roadangel database or it is a poor version of it - those traffic cams were on my roadangel the day they were put up!!!!!

BTW it is £395.98 on handtec............... (with the £50 fuel voucher in the box) So tempting.................................
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcwarre wrote:
Well it is either not roadangel database or it is a poor version of it - those traffic cams were on my roadangel the day they were put up!!!!!

Fair comment
Quote:
BTW it is £395.98 on handtec............... (with the £50 fuel voucher in the box) So tempting.................................

If it's true then great.
nashmills
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone explain how the fuel voucher works please? Where can it be used? Does it all need to be used in one go - I couldn't get £50 worth of fuel in my car?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nashmills wrote:
Can anyone explain how the fuel voucher works please? Where can it be used? Does it all need to be used in one go - I couldn't get £50 worth of fuel in my car?

Too early to say at the moment but we will seek clarification for you.
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of questions:

Have you been able to verify that the IQ routing is working with 5 minute intervals opposed to weekday/weekend as is the case on x20/x30 with the current Navcore release?

Which map release is supplied with these new units?

Regards, Ulf
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uffe73 wrote:
A couple of questions:

Have you been able to verify that the IQ routing is working with 5 minute intervals opposed to weekday/weekend as is the case on x20/x30 with the current Navcore release?

Yes
Quote:

Regards, Ulf

Don't know, we don't have retail devices as yet.
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
uffe73 wrote:
A couple of questions:

Yes
Quote:

Regards, Ulf

Don't know, we don't have retail devices as yet.

Interesting! If it shows that the x40 devices use the same maps as x20/x30, that would tell us that our current maps contain the extended IQ routing data already but needs new firmware to make use of it.
roadangelboss
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:

Hi Darren, tried to catch up with you at the event today but you'd shot back to the office to write up this report, so I introduced myself to Mike instead. Much like HD traffic the Road Angel cameras on the X40 have been a bit hit and miss during the development/testing phase as we were refining the update processes - all should be well for the production products though.

regards

Graham Mackie
MD
Road 'Gold Standard' Angel Group
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roadangelboss wrote:
Much like HD traffic the Road Angel cameras on the X40 have been a bit hit and miss during the development/testing phase as we were refining the update processes - all should be well for the production products though.

Graham, Perhaps you should consider performing a re-scan of the fixed cameras in the Blackpool/ Fylde area I reside in, as there are a number of issues in this locality - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: