Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - City Navigator Europe NT 2009 update is now available
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

City Navigator Europe NT 2009 update is now available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnGray
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beware that the Halfords 10%-off offer, finishes, according to their website, on Tuesday 4th November...
madhatter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So where does it display the speed limit for the roads. Got mine from halfords on Sunday and loaded it onto my 660FM. Went to work today drove along "A" roads and i did not see any indication of limits on the "A" roads.
JohnGray
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of interest, although the 2009 Map Update DVD does not mention that the Garmin i3 is supported, it is - I've just downloaded the 130-odd MB of UK maps onto an i3 which has the little memory card...

Presumably there's a limit to the extent of the map area which may be used.
rickwiggans
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my 760, it appears on the 3D view, left hand side, half way up. Didn't need to alter any settings - it just appeared.
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madhatter wrote:
So where does it display the speed limit for the roads. Got mine from halfords on Sunday and loaded it onto my 660FM. Went to work today drove along "A" roads and i did not see any indication of limits on the "A" roads.

I am a 660 user. I suspect this facility doesn't work on these 'older' models. It would take a firmware upgrade from GARMIN to display this. But I suspect this won't be forthcoming as the 6xx are effectively in maintainance mode. (i.e. no new developments)
madhatter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just spoke to garmin. They say that "feature" is not available on the 600 series. Crying or Very sad
tsdinos
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like NAVTEQ organised its website much better and they're changed their policy to a more direct approach its customers rather through other companies (like garmin)
The last time I looked at their website (ages ago) it had very little information about their maps.
Now I found out that they have a map preview that works far better and faster than the mapsource viewer from the garmin website and you can report any issues.
I guess this is better than reporting any map errors to garmin, as i guess they have to report them back to navteq in order to take effect. I reported at garmin a couple of years ago some turn restrictions in Portsmouth but they didnt change them at NT2008. Lets hope 2009 is better now

Sorry if this is yesterday news, but I just found it out and now I'm comparing the quality of the map in NAVTEQ with the garmin's europe NT 2009 map!
here is a link to NAVTEQ map viewer http://mapreporter.navteq.com/dur-web-external/secured/submitDur.do
RavingDave
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scotty76 wrote:
Halfords have 10% off everything at the moment. Is this the right map?

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_567931_langId_-1_categoryId_165587

Just puzzled by the naming - "Garmin Euro City Navigator Update 2009"

Is £53.99 a good price?

Does anyone think that the Satnav companies are going to update their map update pricing policy? I don't know if it's just me, but I think it is totally crazy that a map update can cost £50-£60, wheras you now purchase a complete new Satnav unit with the same maps for around the same amount!
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnGray wrote:
Just out of interest, although the 2009 Map Update DVD does not mention that the Garmin i3 is supported, it is - I've just downloaded the 130-odd MB of UK maps onto an i3 which has the little memory card...

Presumably there's a limit to the extent of the map area which may be used.

When you install 2009 onto the Pc it had also updates Mapsource to 6.14 ...did it slow the map redraw by quite a bit?
Dave
scotty76
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavingDave wrote:
scotty76 wrote:
Halfords have 10% off everything at the moment. Is this the right map?

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_567931_langId_-1_categoryId_165587

Just puzzled by the naming - "Garmin Euro City Navigator Update 2009"

Is £53.99 a good price?

Does anyone think that the Satnav companies are going to update their map update pricing policy? I don't know if it's just me, but I think it is totally crazy that a map update can cost £50-£60, wheras you now purchase a complete new Satnav unit with the same maps for around the same amount!

I know what you mean, in the end I decided not to buy the new maps for my Nuvi 310D. Will save the money for now and perhaps buy a newer Nuvi in the future. I like the look of the lane assist but will wait until it doesn't attract a premium price.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When you install 2009 onto the Pc it had also updates Mapsource to 6.14 ...did it slow the map redraw by quite a bit?

To the point it's nearly un-useable.
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
Quote:

To the point it's nearly un-useable.

Oh!

It didn't seem to affect mine at all! I was not looking forward to this 'issue' but haven't noticed a problem with V2009 or v2008 or TopoUK V2 under 6.14.1

I'm running it on a dual core 1.6GHz Pentium DELL laptop with 2Gb memory under Windows XP SP3.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Single core AMD 64 3200+ 1 Gb RAM XP Pro SP3.

OK it's not un-usable but the glacial slowness of it puts me off. With the previous version i used to be able to drag the map in real time quite quickly. Now it's click the map, drag, wait for it to redraw the map and do it again. Zooming in and out is very slow and previous versions would run at Highest detail but i now have to use Lowest to even achieve the above. Anything higher is just a pain.
eyeQue
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has the CityNavigator 2009 corrected the stretched map view of Mapsource 6.14.1?

When you enter a proximity waypoint, the red circle isn't a circle but an oval when you use v2008!
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still oval with 2009....

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: