Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - M25 Specs between J28 and J27 anti-clockwise
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

M25 Specs between J28 and J27 anti-clockwise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marc_holmes
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: M25 Specs between J28 and J27 anti-clockwise Reply with quote

Just found this article on the Highways Agency website:
http://www.highways.gov.uk/roads/projects/18566.aspx

It says:
"The ANPR cameras are used for gathering flow and journey time information. The information they capture is used to drive signals and is not for enforcement purposes."

Are these the same cameras that are shown on the Speed Camera database?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: M25 Specs between J28 and J27 anti-clockwise Reply with quote

Highways Agency wrote:
This project was set up as a trial. The analysis of the data obtained from the trial has shown that the combination of the ANPR technology with the Portable VMS signs has had a positive impact on driver behaviour on that section of the motorway

The objective to create smoother, maximised traffic flow,and increased safety have been realised by this system.

The trial scheme has met its objectives to create smoother, maximised traffic flow,and the Highways Agency has decided to leave the system in operation until the widening works starts.

I am not surprised if traffic has slowed down when they put SPECS cameras up on the gantry, claiming this to be a positive test isn't really a true fair outcome in my opinion. DID they put signs up stating the SPECS installation was there for a trial and not speed enforcement - I very much doubt it.

At the end of the release they also state they will be leaving them in place until the widening work starts - I bet it is used for speeding fines once that starts - Mike
DinAlt
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just posted in other forum about this - as of 24/10 the Westbound section is now a 50 mph limit so i for one would treat tehm as being live.

DinAlt
mars.1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The specs between junction 27 and 28 anti-clockwise was left in place after road works finished.But i dont think there in use at the moment.
thebigman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Road works are still ongoing between these junctions and the SPECS are still active at 50mph so to all be careful. When driving between theses junctions this caries on for about approx. 1.5 miles past juntion 27 clockwise as well.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: