Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ALK release CoPilot Live 7 for the HTC Touch Diamond
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ALK release CoPilot Live 7 for the HTC Touch Diamond

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: ALK release CoPilot Live 7 for the HTC Touch Diamond Reply with quote

ALK's latest CoPilot Live 7 software has just been announced for the HTC Touch Diamond phone. The software will be available on a DVD and comes complete with internet based real time traffic and tracking.

The introduction of the iPhone with it's unique gesture control system and large clear screens has heralded a number of similar innovations by other phone manufacturers. The HTC Touch Diamond is an excellent example of a Windows Mobile 6 based phone with GPS, WiFi and fast network communications. This makes it an ideal device to be paired with the leading software for mobile phones.

With a price tag of around £65 the CoPilot Live 7 software will be available very soon.

Official ALK CoPilot Press Release wrote:
CoPilot® Live 7™ sat-nav comes to the HTC Touch Diamond

ALK Technologies has announced a special edition of its award-winning mobile phone navigation system, CoPilot® Live™ 7, for the exciting new HTC Touch Diamond smartphone.

Owners of the HTC Touch Diamond will be able to enjoy CoPilot Live’s full-featured turn-by-turn satellite navigation system that takes full advantage of the phone’s in-built GPS satellite receiver, bright VGA colour screen and 4GB on-board memory.

CoPilot Live HTC Touch Diamond edition is supplied on a DVD that effortlessly copies and installs navigation software and maps onto the phone from a desktop computer via a synchronisation cable. Set-up is made simple thanks to automatic configuration that recognises the Touch Diamond’s internal GPS receiver.

Once installed, customers can enjoy full satellite navigation on their phone, with 7 digit UK postcode entry, voice guidance and automatic route calculation. The way to go is shown clearly with a choice of 2D or 3D map views and auto-zoom at junctions. A non-distracting driver safety mode helps drivers keep their eyes on the road by only displaying a map close to a turn. Safety camera alerts are included as standard with free of charge database updates via the CoPilot Live web site.

In addition to satellite navigation, CoPilot Live makes the most of the phone’s mobile Internet capability with an optional real-time traffic subscription and a free of charge live tracking service*. You can share your location live on the web with others as you move around, while they can send you messages and new stops.

The CoPilot Live 7 HTC Touch Diamond Edition DVD will be available to purchase from the end of July for around £65. The product will be available from www.Amazon.co.uk, www.copilotlive.com and CoPilot Live dealers. It will also be available as a download from Handango.com

To see a demo, obtain images and for more information, please visit www.copilotlive.com/diamond

FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent news, me thinks. Sadly, after many years with TT, and no sign of a TT6 replacement, it looks like I shall be leaving them unless I get a wake up call from them. I understand from my son that the CP helpdesk is also far more customer focused than TT, which can't be a bad thing. I am just wondering what significant changes I will notice and whether I will have any regrets. ?
ps What I would have liked to see in this announcement is something along the following lines,

"And we are pleased to announce that in collaboration with PGPS, CP Live contains Europes' leading camera database."
scooby555
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom 7 came out a while back for the Diamond.

If you search the interweb you'll find a version for any WM6.x phone.
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks..yes I appreciate that, but unless it supports the numerous overseas maps that I have N America, Australia, the Far East and of course Europe..(all for my travels) then I might as well start again.
mrg2003
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Tomtom 7 - PDA Reply with quote

FrequentFlyer wrote:
Thanks..yes I appreciate that, but unless it supports the numerous overseas maps that I have N America, Australia, the Far East and of course Europe..(all for my travels) then I might as well start again.

The tomtom maps are universal for which ever platform PNA, PDA, phone or PC. There are currently tomtom 7 maps for all regions, my own experience is Whole Europe, USA/Canada, Australia,Hong Kong, Singapore.

Mr.G
My toys
Tomtom One
PDA - Kaiser
PDA - Tilt
Nokia 6220
Palm Tx

Garmin Colorado
Garmin etrex
Trimble Thunderbolt
Satmap Active 10
LoumiaConsulting
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how this is news - I've been running CoPilot 7 on my Diamond since I got it. I got CoPilot originally when I had a Mio A701 and when I upgraded, I installed the mapping/software off the DVD with no fuss.

If ALK were announcing features specific to the Diamond then I can see why they might want to announce it, but otherwise it just sounds like an exercise in compatibility testing.
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Tomtom 7 - PDA Reply with quote

[quote="mrg2003"]

The tomtom maps are universal for which ever platform PNA, PDA, phone or PC. /quote]

Thanks, but I think I would feel more comfortable if I could get this confirmed somehow...as if I remember correctly, somebody posted that 7 doesn't support 6 maps, (or not when he tried.)
Noggin-the-nog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: HTC + CoPilot 7 Reply with quote

Well all I can say is... if you're thinking of buying CP7 you must read the CoPilot 7 forum on this site first, then put your money back in your pocket.
If you don't mind strange routing, magic roundabouts, very quiet voices (AXIM X51v), no themes even though there's a menu setting!!! and hopping on and off motorways at the same junction go ahead buy it. I made the mistake. I hope they (ALK) are reading this as instead of re-hashing for the HTC diamond maybe they should support the poor mugs who are still waiting for serious bug fixes to make this a product to trust. Sad
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh....right....back to TT and hang in there then ?
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scooby555 wrote:
TomTom 7 came out a while back for the Diamond.

If you search the interweb you'll find a version for any WM6.x phone.

I would be interested to know where you can get a LEGITIMATE version of TT7 for WM6. The only one I have heard of comes bundled with the HTC Touch Diamond from O2 in Germany.

As I say if you can tell me this please let me know as I am desperate to update.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently you would have to purchase a HTC Diamond from O2 Germany as that is the only way to get the software.

The other way involved downloading the CAB files extracted from the ROM of the German O2 Diamond and installing the application, then purchasing a map using TomTom Home. This cannot be done as TomTom have stopped people from purchasing maps for different devices.

Whether the application will be sold to market for people like yourself to purchase and use legally on a phone/ PDA you already own is anyone’s guess.
TomTom have been asked this question and so far have not replied with anything that would allow your question to be answered. - Mike
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike - thanks for that quick response again.

My understanding is the same as yours - hence my question to scooby555 and my emphasis on the word legitimate!

On another matter how are you getting on with McGuider and can it use the PGPS camera database please?
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterc10 wrote:
On another matter how are you getting on with McGuider and can it use the PGPS camera database please?
It works very well, I have been impressed with it to be honest. Best used in Landscape mode but it is equally usable in Portrait, have a read of This for some details on how to install the camera database to the software, try a search accross the forums for "McGuider" and it will show up a number of threads from other users, most of whom switched to this fed up waiting for TT to climb down off the fence - Mike
SSR
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Tomtom 7 - PDA Reply with quote

mrg2003 wrote:
The tomtom maps are universal for which ever platform PNA, PDA, phone or PC. There are currently tomtom 7 maps for all regions, my own experience is Whole Europe, USA/Canada, Australia,Hong Kong, Singapore.

Not for Brazil, despite them selling them there.
mikealder wrote:
This cannot be done as TomTom have stopped people from purchasing maps for different devices.

I managed to do it 2 or 3 weeks ago. Curious that they stopped it!
ayushd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: CoPilot 7 Reply with quote

I recently bought the CoPilot from www.pressdigital.com.au and have been using it, I should say its an amazing utility.
I am in Australia and what I bought has everything on Australia.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: