Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - One XL Samsung G800 T-Mobile Plus Services. Error 1001
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

One XL Samsung G800 T-Mobile Plus Services. Error 1001

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hellybob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: One XL Samsung G800 T-Mobile Plus Services. Error 1001 Reply with quote

I got my One XL a few weeks ago and could use my phone, a Samsung G800, with the traffic and camera subscription that I had despite the fact that my phone is not supported by the device.

Then the other day I connected the TT unit to my computer and did and update. Ever since I cannot get the PLUS services or they only last for a second or two. I seem to have tried everything. The TT talks to my phone saying there is a wireless connection then it cannot communicate to TT saying there is an error 1001.

TT have said that it is just because my phone is not supported.

I am happy that my phone has still got full GPRS capability as it is working as normal on other things. I have a full Web n Walk option on contract.

Has anyone got any ideas as it was working really well before?

Cheers
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a backup from when the device was working correctly? - if so I would install that back on the device as the update probably doesn't do much that you would need - Mike
hellybob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried that and all it does is get the traffic update icon spinning for a few seconds and then it disappears.
hellybob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Samsung still flashes as if connected but there is no traffic operation.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delete the phone from the TomTom and delete the TomTom from the phone so no Bluetooth connection exists at all between the devices, then re-pair the units and try again - Mike
hellybob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried that non stop. I have done a factory reset too and nothings seems to work.
ShilliamB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having exactly the same problem with SGH-G600. Been working fine for months and then for the past couple of weeks it has has problems maintaining the wireless data connection for more than a few seconds.
kabved
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I've had exactly the same problem. I've recently bought a 530T and followed the instructions on the TT website to "reset my account" to transfer my existing traffic subscription from my old device. Traffic was working fine on my old device (TT Navigator 6 on a Dell PDA) through my Sony Ericsson K810i but will not work on my through my 530T using the same phone. I'm definitely connecting to the TT servers as I can confirm my account name and password and download the weather to my device.

I've raised a support ticket with TomTom, see their latest couple of replies that I've copied below.

Response (Shana C. (UK)) 04/09/2008 11.13 AM
Dear Mr Beck,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support
Your reference for your query is 080830-001940.

This issue seems to be affecting a few customers and the technical team is working very hard to resolve this as quickly as possible. As soon as we have more information you will be updated.

We are very sorry for this inconvenience.

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team

Response (Shana C. (UK)) 01/09/2008 04.45 PM
Dear Mr Beck,

Thank you for your query regarding xxxx

We currently cannot offer you an immediate suitable solution for this problem. We have sent your question to our 2nd line technical department.

We hope to have an answer for you as soon as possible, please bear with us while we find a solution for your query.

With Best Regards

TomTom Customer Support Team

hellybob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Kabved. Please can you keep us updated if you hear anything else.
mug
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting TT have told you that this is effecting "a few customers" - sounds like a lot more than a few! I posted the blow on another thread, but it is relevant to this one so.....

Not sure, but I wonder if this is related to the same problem I have had for 6 weeks now? I replaced my PDA running TT with a new TT930 and have never been able to get the traffic subscription working since. Numerous coms with TT support, who have had me do numerous resets, clear flash's, deletion/re-establishment of connections with my phone etc - all to no avail. Originally, the error message I got said the data I was trying to access had been purchased for a different device (despite "my tomtom" showing the correct new device code) now I just get a message saying there is a server error.

On yet another call to TT support today (they promised to call me back last week....) they have told me this is a problem affecting 100's of traffic subscribers in the UK and 2nd line are still investigating. They have said they will extend my subscription, but frankly that is not my real concern - I am just hacked off at not being able to use a service on my shiny, standard, top of the range product that used to work fine on my knackered old PDA!
Application: TT 5.17 with Traffic
GPS: TT bt gps in TT hard wired cradle
PDA Mount: Silver Shield Amplified Speaker Mount & Cradle.
ShilliamB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi...does anyone have an update on this issue? TomTom haven't been responding to my enquiries. Thanks in advance.
mabsey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the same problem a few days ago.

To fix I just reset my password via the tom tom site, then changed the password on my tom tom to match and everything was fine after.

Mabsey
kabved
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

nothing back from TT support for me either Mad . Thought I'd try what Mabsey suggested and it worked Very Happy

Don't know if I needed to but I left about an hour between each step for TT server to "catch up"

I also did a "reset account" on the TT website an hour after completing the steps described by Mabsey

I'm sure I'd tried all this before a couple of weeks ago with no joy Confused but who cares, maybe TT have changed something as well.

Cheers Mabsey

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: