Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problems uploading POI's onto a ZUMO 550
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems uploading POI's onto a ZUMO 550

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlethatcher
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Problems uploading POI's onto a ZUMO 550 Reply with quote

I downloaded a CSV POI file from the website earlier and it fails to load. I used the program POI Loader (downloaded from Garmins site) to try and load the file. It asks me to locate the file, so I do that and then it informs that "there is no valid data was found in the specified folder, therefore no data was written". I have checked the file and it opens with EXCEL (and that would make sense as EXCEL supports CSV files. So what should I do now ? Thanks
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you actually extracted the csv file from the .zip file you downloaded as opposed to just double clicking to view the contents?

MaFt
littlethatcher
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
have you actually extracted the csv file from the .zip file you downloaded as opposed to just double clicking to view the contents?

MaFt

Yes, as soon as I had downloaded the zip file I went and immediately extracted the file out of the zip file.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

littlethatcher,

i've checked your download history and you have only ever downloaded tomtom ov2 format back in nov/dec 2006.

i noticed though that you have attempted to subscribe today so if you wait for that to clear hen you will be able to download the correct files - choose 'Garmin POILoader'

MaFt
littlethatcher
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
littlethatcher,

i've checked your download history and you have only ever downloaded tomtom ov2 format back in nov/dec 2006.

i noticed though that you have attempted to subscribe today so if you wait for that to clear hen you will be able to download the correct files - choose 'Garmin POILoader'

MaFt

I did today download one file from the POI Section. In the dropdown box where it says Tomtom ov2 I changed that and selected CSV (other) from that menu. Was that not the correct selection to make ? Im completely confused now as I thought that the ZUMO 550 used CSV files. Thanks
littlethatcher
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
littlethatcher,

MaFt

I also meant to say that I used to have a Tomtom rider but have now bought a ZUMO 550. I cant remember if when I originally joined this site if it asked me what Satnav I was using. However Ive looked in the My Account section and cant see any detail that relates to that that can be changed. If I need to change that info on here can you tell me what to do please, Thanks
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, i thought you meant the speed camera POI files!!

they should work, are you able to open up the csv file in, say, notepad or excel?

the only thing i can suggest is to make 100% sure that the files have been extracted from the zip file

MaFt
littlethatcher
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
sorry, i thought you meant the speed camera POI files!!

they should work, are you able to open up the csv file in, say, notepad or excel?

the only thing i can suggest is to make 100% sure that the files have been extracted from the zip file

MaFt

Yes I have opened the file up with Excel, its all goobledegook in the file but obviously it is meaningful to the device.
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A downloaded .csv file should be easily read within Excel. If yours is gobbledegook, this implies either a corrupt file, or you aren't reading it properly. Try downloading again and see what happens.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: