Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT3 and Loox car charger
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT3 and Loox car charger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danno
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: TT3 and Loox car charger Reply with quote

I am a newbie here but I don't belive anyone else has asked this question before...
TT3 runs really well on my Loox 600 and Rikaline 6021-X6 CF GPS, apart from when I plug in the PDA cigarette lighter charger that I bought on ebay. The PDA seems to run slowly and there is a lag period on the GPS tracking (turns are announced too late etc). Even the backlight seems to flicker.
My query is, do I try and return the charger assuming its faulty or is there some sort of Loox design problem (there are several others!). Also, is there anyone out there running a Loox on a car charger successfully - can you tell me where you bought your charger.
This minor quibble is ruining a wonderful GPS system - the PDA battery only lasts 3.5hrs!
Many thanks to anyone who can help....p.s. I love this site.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it really sounds like the power supply you got doesn't have enough energy to charge the LOOX when it is switched on... Does the charger say something about the output? It should be substantially more than 500 mA - more in the 1+ A range. For comparison - the standard power socket chargers have an output of 2A at 5V

Car chargers come in two varieties - cheap ones with transformators and little power, and expensive ones that use switching power supplie circuits and can provide ample output. Soemtimes you can judge by the weight - the swithcing ones are substantially lighter.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Flibb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The powered car mount I use with my toshiba also fits the loox 600. The power output to the pda is 5v, might be worth checking your car charger gives the same. If your cig lighter adapter is wrony it could be shoving 12v in to the charging circuit. There should be a sticker on it someplace, or you might need a multimeter. I double checked my setup by looking at the voltage that the desk charger gives. Somebody with the same model as you might be able to help more.
Cheers
Jon
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's most probably not a voltage problem (unless it's too low of a voltage). I think it's rather the fumpp! that's missing

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Danno
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no markings on the adapter other than serial numbers. However on the box there is a label that says SC-X5C and I have just had a brainwave - do you reckon they have supplied me with the charger for a Dell Axim X5? Is it likely it would have the same socket to attach but provide the wrong voltage?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: