Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - *** tomtom HOME getting confused? **
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

*** tomtom HOME getting confused? **

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonygold
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: *** tomtom HOME getting confused? ** Reply with quote

i own a tomtom one v2 and been using it with HOME v2.3 no probs. last week i connected my daughters go910 to HOME on my pc to see if any upgrades were needed. i didn't go any further than that (did not download or upgrade anything).
now when i connect my ONE to HOME it says this is not the device linked to the account and lists the go910. i can click on the bottom option which allows me to update the gps quick fix to my ONE but says thats about all you can do with that device.
how do i remove the go910 from HOME and reinstate my ONE as the main (only) device.
many thanks for any advice.
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have got a message when you connected your daughters unit along the lines of 'This device is not linked with this account do you want to link your account with this device or logout'. If you told it you wanted to change to the 910 because you wanted to check for updates then I'm afraid your stuck for 6 months as TT will not let you change again for that amount of time.

Do you not get a message telling you that if you try to change your device back?

If you didn't do the above, changing the device back in HOME should do the trick I would have thought.
tonygold
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi spikey
thinking of it i prob did get that message asking if i wanted to link that device to my acc. i assumed it was in addition to my own unit not instead of!!!
had recently bought and downloaded a new map for the ONE thru HOME, does this mean if needed, i could not get to access it again in case of emergency (i have done a full backup in explorer so hopefully should not need it).
what a bummer.
what happens after 6 months? do i automatically get the opportunity to get my ONE back onto HOME?
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you've done a backup of the map you should be alright. I think you're able to download again for up to 12 months although that may not help you in the short term.

I did exactly the same thing recently and had to relink my device after 6 months (I felt such a prat as I'd avoided making the mistake on previous occassions). Just set yourself a reminder for 6 months time. Luckily I didn't need any updates. Oh yeah, TTN6 and updates, where have I heard that before? Wink

All you do is go to your account page and change the device back in the top right hand corner.

In an emergency I presume you would have to re-register your device with a different email address, although any PLUS services like Traffic would still be linked to the other account. I'm sure someone must have had to do this and can shed more light than I can. Good Luck.
tonygold
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can anyone thats read this thread let me know if my traffic subscription is going to be affected by this mess up of mine or whether it will carry on working as usual.
seems silly of tomtom because there must be plenty of people that own more than 1 tomtom device.
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said in my last post the Traffic service is linked to the account you subscribed to it on.

Luckily when I realised my mistake and thought that I would lose my Traffic sub, I had the sense not to reset my account (the normal practice for switching PLUS services to another device). This meant that the Traffic sub I had carried on on my Exec and did not transfer to my friends GO.

HTH

Edit: Try planning a route and see if traffic works, if it does it should be OK. I meant that maybe someone else has had to set up another account for a device in a situation like yours. I personally haven't.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: