Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Phone with built in sat nav used with Parrot
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Phone with built in sat nav used with Parrot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Phone with built in sat nav used with Parrot Reply with quote

I have just bought an HTC Touch Diamond to replace my aging Ipaq. Fantastic bit of kit that has a built in sat nav receiver. I have installed Tom Tom 6 just fine and it works well with its in built receiver, which is very good - good signal even indoors.

I have paired the HTC with my existing Parrot CK3300, which is the same as the 3100 but with its own built in sat nav receiver. The phone side of the HTC works just fine on handsfree - sound goes through the car audio as it should. I want to continue to use the HTC's inbuilt sat nav receiver rather than the one with the Parrot, because the whole point is that I want to be able to use this outside of the car as well.

But the Parrot is not picking up and relaying voice commands in Tom Tom through the audio system, like it used to with the Ipaq when I was using the Parrot's own receiver. I guess it is because I have not connected the sat nav bit between the HTC and Parrot.

So does anybody know how I can make that happen please, either with the Parrot, Tom Tom or HTC?

Alternatively is there a quick and easy way to alternate between the two sat nav receivers please, either manually or preferably automatically, so that when the parrot is in range it is automatically chosen
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter there used to be a reg edit hack that could be performed on a PDA based phone to route the TT audio over the Bluetooth, I am not too sure this will resolve your problem, have a read of This Thread and try the reg edit if you really want to - I am not even sure if that key will be available on your device to be honest - Mike
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike - to the rescue again, but scuppered by my ignorance!

Your possible remedy sounds good - in reality I would like all the sounds coming through the Parrot (which is paired as a handsfree profile - HFP) - that way not only will I get TT but also my MP3s as well if I want.

Will this still work with HSP profile? How can I edit the registry in WM6.1? Is there a bit of software or something? I looked in File Explorer but could not find the registry.
Copilot for USA
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the voice instructions over my Parrot mini. It was ages ago so my memory is a bit vague. IIRC I used Pocket Bluetooth Tools.

Could be worth a try after a full backup.
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to close this down and for info for anybody else with the same or similar problem, I managed to sort this out with further help from Mike.

The problem was that the Parrot does not have A2DP bluetooth profile. However I installed a little programme called BTMusic which allows all of the sounds to go through the headset/handset BT profile and that works just fine now.
Copilot for USA
APK1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but my "standard" Tytn 2 with TT sometimes plays through parrot bluetooth, and sometimes not, I must admit, it can be annoying as every little instruction cuts out the radio ! I am not sure why it does this but soe days it will work others not, I suspect it may depend on whether the TT is running before connecting to the parrot ?
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Parrot have you got? Some newer models have A2DP profile and so the sounds from TT can be relayed that way. I don't know enough about that to be able to explain why this is not working intermttantly. Other Parrots, like mine, do not A2DP and so you have to use the workaround I set out.

You can always try that workaround since it disables the A2DP, in which case it will work using the headset/handset profile
Copilot for USA
APK1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a CK3100, about 3 yrs old, however I no longer use this as I now have built in sat nav/bluetooth.
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

APK1 wrote:
It was a CK3100, about 3 yrs old, however I no longer use this as I now have built in sat nav/bluetooth.

I am sorry but I thought you were asking for help when you dug up this old thread Confused
Copilot for USA

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: