Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - N95 8GB and Tom Tom Traffic
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

N95 8GB and Tom Tom Traffic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmagla
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: N95 8GB and Tom Tom Traffic Reply with quote

Hi, I have a Nokia N95 8GB mobile with unlimited data and would like to use it to connect to the TomTom traffic service which I am subscribed to. I have it connected for hands free etc but cant seem to get it to work for the traffic service, anyone had any luck with this.

Any help much appreciated
Cheers Michael
rtj70
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What mobile network?

Before worrying does traffic work, can you get the free plus services like weather forecasts?
apogee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Same Here Reply with quote

I've just received a new N95 8gb and just cannot get it to connect for wireless data on my 510, I just keep getting 'unable to set up your wireless data connection'.

I need to try and sort this or the phone will have to go back this week

I'm on T-Mobile and have tried every setting combo I can think of, wasted ages on this.

Anyone got this working OK?

Thanks

Lee
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the N95 8Gb (unlocked) on T-mobile running TTN6 and Traffic.

It does work. I am guessing you are web-n-walk? Is this setup as available on the N95 8Gb as a separate "network access point", if not ask T-Mobile to send you a system message. If it is setup ,can you use it to connect to other internet worthy apps, such as email or web browsing?

The first time TT goes and looks for Traffic, it will ask for an access point and remembers that point for the next time until it is not available e.g. you are abroad or using a wireless LAN (yes it does work on Wireless LANs as well). However, check that you can connect to the TT Server by asking for the weather. Again this forces it to look for an access point.

Good Luck.
apogee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply but im not running tomtom on the phone, I have a 510 and would much rather use that for car navigation than the phone.

I do suspect the issue might have something to do with the access point business though

Lee
Goto10
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom and N95s do not mix, I've had several of each (don't ask) and each time there are problems (also on Tmobile) - they pair up ok, the data usually works once, then next time it'll reconnect...disconnect... reconnect...disconnect... reconnect...disconnect... you get the idea, so I delete and repair, then it'll decide it can't set up the data connection anymore, so I do it manually, at which point the system will freeze. Exact same on 720/920.
Utter, utter pap.

YMMV, I'm sure there are people who don't have issues, but I've had a few combinations and different units and they all do exactly the same. Oh, and the text feature doesn't work. N96 soon, essentially the same hardware so I'm expecting the same failings.
Not sure if it's the TT to blame or the Nokia, but one of them certainly isn't playing by the rules.
mbriody
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got an N95 nd have the same experience. It "mostly" works okay for standard phone functionality but I still get the connect/disconnect nonsense occasionally.

However the mobile data is really flaky. I haven't had traffic work at all yet.

Goto10 wrote:
TomTom and N95s do not mix, I've had several of each (don't ask) and each time there are problems (also on Tmobile) - they pair up ok, the data usually works once, then next time it'll reconnect...disconnect... reconnect...disconnect... reconnect...disconnect... you get the idea, so I delete and repair, then it'll decide it can't set up the data connection anymore, so I do it manually, at which point the system will freeze. Exact same on 720/920.
Utter, utter pap.

YMMV, I'm sure there are people who don't have issues, but I've had a few combinations and different units and they all do exactly the same. Oh, and the text feature doesn't work. N96 soon, essentially the same hardware so I'm expecting the same failings.
Not sure if it's the TT to blame or the Nokia, but one of them certainly isn't playing by the rules.
apogee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: K800 Reply with quote

Just as an add in

My K800 worked pretty well with the tomtom but was very flakey with my nokia bluetooth car kit, I updated the firmware on the phone and the car kit was much better but tomtom became a real pain in the ass to make an initial connection, and regularly wouldn't work at all

The n95 works perfectly with my car kit now, also doing bluetooth transfers between phones its super fast, so whatevers going on here I put it firmly in the hands of tomtom

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: