Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problem setting POI sounds for cameras TT 530
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem setting POI sounds for cameras TT 530

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howell
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Problem setting POI sounds for cameras TT 530 Reply with quote

I have successfully installed the camera database and while trying to add a warning for the camera POI I've encountered a problem.

The problem is only occurring on mobile and specs type cameras.

I select the camera type then add my distance for warning and click OK. I'm then presented with the sound options. I think I'm right in selecting the 'sound effects' option then after that click 'DONE'.

I'm then presented with the the distance warning screen again and the whole process goes around in circles unless I click 'CANCEL'

I could select 'Sound effect' for the Gatso camera types?

All camera types have a sound icon next to there name.

What am I doing wrong???

Device: TomTom 530 traffic

Thanks Howell
mpwilson99
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mate,

Your not doing anything wrong, its a bug in the software.

Another reason why i dont like v7 that much, i came across this bug again the other day.

For me, I found it happens when you have your own sound file (.ogg) in the map folder. I think the get out, was to move your ogg file to the Sound folder. I cant remember if the ogg needed to be converted to a wav?

Hope that helps?

MPW
Howell
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks MPW!!

In moving the .ogg files to the sound folder I can now select them for each camera type. There was no need to convert them to .wav which made life a bit easier.

One thing I may add is I renamed the sound files to make them easier to distinguish when going through to select the sounds for each camera.

Wink
biglad1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: help !! Reply with quote

i have just bought a tt 530 and cant figure out how to install pocket gps speed cams, i have been usin them on my last tt one but cant get them installed on the tt530 can any one tell me how to install them cheers
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The installation method is exactly the same as it was for your previous device, can you tell us at which point you are getting stuck with the speed camera installation then we can offer some specific advice - Mike
biglad1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: ty Reply with quote

on my other old tomtom i was puttin teh speed cams on to the map file on my tomtom but on the 530 i cant see a map file i mya sound silly Laughing Out Loud but am i not lookin in the righ tplace ?? ty appreciate ur help
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be a map folder in the built in memory, when you plug the device into the PC use Windows Explorer to view the device. There will be a specific drive letter associated with the TomTom, it should even have the TomTom logo as the drive icon, click this to open the device.
You are now viewing the various files and folders in the root of the device, look for a folder named "United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland" this is your map folder.
If you have not already done so can you please make a full back up of the device, it is the only way to recover the unit if something goes wrong with it in the future - Mike
biglad1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: so far so good Reply with quote

have done that mike but when i start my tt and go to finf the speed cams they not there under poi,s or anywhere , thanks so far
biglad1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

mike thanks for ur help i have got them sorted cheers mate
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you unzip/ Extract the POI files from the download you got, and did you place the POI files straight into the map folder as files.
I have seen people make the mistake of placing the POI files into their own folder within the map folder.
Also we talking about the speed camera database from this site and not the TomTom Speed Cameras as they operate differently.

With PGPSW speed cameras and spoken alert files installed your map folder should look something like this:

Does it look anything like this? - Mike
biglad1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

yes its the pocketgpsworld speed cams and the file is something like that one i havethem installed and seem to be workin ok thanks for all ur help .

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: