Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman S90i rebooting + overlay issue.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman S90i rebooting + overlay issue.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
servicetech
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Navman S90i rebooting + overlay issue. Reply with quote

Navman S90i

Unit going back to service centre for a second time- rebooting + screen overlay issues.

Motherboard replaced and new firmware installed last time. This time they will do a thorough test befor returnig the device Shocked

What is available on the market suitable for use with the GPSworld speed carera Database?

Any ideas

Dave.
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Navman S90i rebooting + overlay issue. Reply with quote

Do you have many NavPix or whole PGPSW speed camera database on your device?
servicetech
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only three Pictures, all others deleted.

When the unit was returned from repair I ran it exactly as supplied – It rebooted!

I have tried removing all but the UK maps, still reboots.

When I have use the GPSworld database I edited it down to 410 entries 14.7KB, its above the magic 12KB figure but it was rebooting anyway.

Regards,
Dave.
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which software version is displayed on the About screen? Also, when unit reboots -- which number is displayed on the top of the splash screen?
jassythedog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have exactly the same problem I have tried to reproduce the error but it seems quite random, the only thing I can guarantee is that it will reboot just when you get near a junction that you do not know and need navigation.

I started a thread ages ago asking was my S90i an expensive mistake, the answer quite simply is YES.

This just sent to Navman, lets see how they respond.

Before you respond please read carefully. The usual automatic responses will not suffice.

Please check the history of my Navman, this should be obtainable from the call number in the subject field.

This has been back twice to you for repair, the second time when you replaced the mother board I was convinced you found the problem of it crashing occasionally, unfortunately I have to inform you that it is still crashing. I also know that a colleague of mine has an identical unit which he purchased once he saw my S90i, and his one is now with your repairers for EXACTLY the same problem. Not only this but users on a GPS forum also have the same problem, it is NOT an isolated case.

I want this problem fixed once and for all, what can you offer me? Is there a new service pack due out that will address this or have you given up and will just let the purchases suffer, who of course, will never buy another Navman again.

I look forward to your considered response.
servicetech
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Build: 5. 10. 0021

Splash Screen info: S90I. V1. 00. 0020

==================
When I contacted the “help desk” I asked them to replace the unit with a new one rather that a service replacement motherboard, their reply was that a new unit can only be issued by the service department.

This is the new service centre, Mitac UK (subcontracted repair)?

I asked for a refund, as this problem was ongoing from January 08, their promised fixes via:-
Service packs 1 & 2 had failed,
Known fault on the DVD and the reinstall of software,
Deletion of the :\ Navman folder & Program Files \ Navman folder and subsequent rebuild had also failed.
The refund was not forthcoming only the promis of a thorough check before returning the repaired unit.

Don’t think they want the units back, keep feeding the suckers bull until the warranty has expired!!!!!!!!
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

servicetech wrote:
Build: 5. 10. 0021

Splash Screen info: S90I. V1. 00. 0020

When you connect S90 to PC, do you see any logs (txt files) in root directory?
jassythedog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update.

No response apart from the automated reply so I phoned them today.
Apparently this issue is unknown to them and they can not accept that there is a problem. I asked about a new SP or new software but the tech knew nothing about this. I was asked to send it back again, the 3rd time, and if they can not fix it then reliably then they will either send me a new unit (propbably not new but refurbished) or maybe I can get my money back.

I am awaiting the 3rd RMA and envelope.

Support for this proiduct quite frankly is crap.
jassythedog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Lets get navman to agree they have a problem Reply with quote

I would like to address this issue with Navman but need more clout, is everyone who has this problem prepared to send me a PM with either their Case ID or serial number so that I can gather them together and prove to Navman that they really do have a problem and that they must address it.
servicetech
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Files as returned from repair

H:\
My Docs folder
Navman folder
Prog Files folder
Temp folder
app_asrt100 text doc
app_startup text doc
app_startup00 text doc
chksum
device XML doc
path XML doc
source text doc

------------------------------
Been using the unit for thee days out and about covering service, 600 miles +, the unit has performed perfectly, changes of destination, unit in & out of standby, never faltered.

Regards,
Dave.
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you post contents of app_asrt100?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: