Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Lidl GPS bundle
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Lidl GPS bundle
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Can the LIDL GPS be used with a pc? Reply with quote

As the LIDL GPS has a ps2 connector, can it with a pc i.e. linked in Autoroute etc?

The unit needs 12v but what current is passed by a PC PS2 socket?
CyberSurfer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Have bought the LIDL system, now just have to buy a car to go with it Mr. Green

Does anyone know how to get this to work with the Stealthy Atrocious Forcibly Extracted Tax Yeah! camera cashpoints ?

Cheers

Dave
Steveg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Message for Dougy

Hi

You asked where in South Yorkshire you might find one of these systems - well take a look in my posting in these same forums (the New and latest information one) about the "Aldi/Medion Special Offer" and you will find a system which will be on sale from next Thursday for the very cheap price of £269.99.

If anyone is after one of these systems though, make sure you get there early - I went yesterday to buy a mountain bike and thankfully was first in the queue but the store sold at least 10 bikes in the first 2 minutes of opening, I am sure some people who came later will have been disappointed. Being a computer type person I know that there have been many people disappointed when Aldi sell the medion computers as there are a tremendous amount of folks there to buy what are excellent and very well priced equipment.

So if you want one - make the effort

Cheers

Steve
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Can the LIDL GPS be used with a pc? Reply with quote

Mat wrote:
As the LIDL GPS has a ps2 connector, can it with a pc i.e. linked in Autoroute etc?

The unit needs 12v but what current is passed by a PC PS2 socket?

The GPS would normally use 5v which is what the PS/2 connector outputs. The 12v from the cigarette lighter is reduced in the adapter.
Royboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Falk Navigator myguide 5500xl Reply with quote

I have just purchases the lidl special bundle @ £349 and am impressed with the package as a whole. However I am thinking of buying the European maps France and Italy for use abroad with my motorhome and trailer.

My question is : Can you ask for a route that avoids motorways? if so how? The reason is obvious - motorhome + trailer in france = HGV charging on motorways!!!! very expensive

can anyone help

Cheers Royboy
citroennut
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi i posted a note about the lidl bundle on the 6th after i had purchased one thinking it good value, so if you didn't get one ...... i notice that a posting on the 10th got a lot of replies still new to this so maybe a better headline would have been better -- still learning all the best
itxweather
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: “My Guide” Navigator 6500XL Reply with quote

Hi,

Does anyone know whether or not the “My Guide” Navigator 6500XL on offer from Lidl is generally regarded as a good-buy?. Any other recommendations for a newbie to Pocket PC w/GPS?.

Thank you.
Best Regards.

http://www.itx-weather.co.uk

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: