Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Beware of globalpositiongsystems.co.uk
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Beware of globalpositiongsystems.co.uk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspiron8500
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie, in trying to be funny and impress the audience you missed my point entirely.

A bag of nuts obviously contains nuts and if you read the story from a reliable source (not the sun as you probably did) you would find it was a bag of pretzels.

A Coffee obviously contains hot coffee

A cigarette is obviously harmful to health.

A GPS Receiver does not OBVIOUSLY contain a magnet and therefore does not OBVIOUSLY pose a threat if placed close to equipment it was intended to be used with.

Therefore I was not afforded the choice unlike the woman with the coffee or the cigarette smokers.

I suggest you learn to take in what is being said rather than to just read the words.

For someone who has never ever seen or used a GPS receiver before how are they to know it has a powerful magnet underneath
PAQMAN
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on be reasonable, you cant expect the manufacturers to accept responsibility for your loss of data. Anyone who has cause to use a hard drive must be aware that any item which is liable to give off a magnetic field will destroy data. Basic cardinal rule is always back up your data, never ever solely rely on the data being in one place.
You really should have known better. Perhaps its a valuable lesson learnt.
tedkay
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Inspiron8500

Your point is well made and yet many contributors manage to miss it. You didn't know there was a magnet in it - the manufacturer did. The very nature of the thing means it is bound to come into close proximity to your laptop, and the manufacturer knows that too. So you are quite right to expect the manufacturer to provide a warning.

I read a lot of good stuff about GlobalPositioningSystems on this website and decided to order from them. I rang to check stock and waited 35 minutes listening to their answering machine before giving up. No doubt they will say thay are busy, but if they are then they should employ sufficient staff to service the level of business they are doing. So I rang Expansys and got through straight away.....
Ted
tedkay
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:22 am    Post subject: Global Positioning Systems - Fair Play ! Reply with quote

I mentioned in aprevious post that I had waited ages to get through to Global Positioning Systems order line. In fairness to them I have to add that after failing to get through I emailed their MD Simon Pitts. He responded immediately and fully and my order has now gone in for delivery tomorrow.
Ted

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: