Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nokia N95 and TT x20 - has anyone anywhere got them to work
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nokia N95 and TT x20 - has anyone anywhere got them to work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wildcard
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Nokia N95 and TT x20 - has anyone anywhere got them to work Reply with quote

Has anyone actually got their N95 and TTx20 to work as a hands-free set-up? The phone is now listed as compatible for hands-free and data ( but not SMS ). I managed to get Traffic to work right from the start but not Voice . I have upgraded to Navcore 8 - but the Nokia is still on V20 software not 21 as O2 have yet to provide this update.
I can pair the phone but get an error message "no answer from phone " every time .
Thanks
Geoff
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: Nokia N95 and TT x20 - has anyone anywhere got them to w Reply with quote

wildcard wrote:
Has anyone actually got their N95 and TTx20 to work as a hands-free set-up? The phone is now listed as compatible for hands-free and data ( but not SMS ). I managed to get Traffic to work right from the start but not Voice . I have upgraded to Navcore 8 - but the Nokia is still on V20 software not 21 as O2 have yet to provide this update.
I can pair the phone but get an error message "no answer from phone " every time .
Thanks
Geoff

I have the opposite problem. I can use my Vodafone branded N95 (using V21 software) as a hands-free device but cannot use the GPRS functions.
Paul80
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Never had any problems getting either of my 520 or 730 working with hands free on my n95, getting GPRS traffic now thats a different problem. Very hit or miss.
Rick-uk
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT520 v8.010
N95-1 v21.0.016

This causes me grief on a daily basis and I am coming to the conclusion that it is a fault with the bluetooth on my N95.

Do a reset on both devices and then allow them to set up. No problem, goes through all the motions 100% for both hands free setup and wireless data.

10 minutes later the message will pop up that the phone has disconnected and the TT then will constantly keep trying to reconnect. The phone displays, connected, disconnected, connected, disconnected (ad infinitum) until I manually stop it by disabling bluetooth on one or other device. Turning the bluetooth back on and the phone is no longer recognised and the only solution is to power cycle both devices (after deleting the phone from the 520.

My previous phone was a SE 990i, a phone not noted for its stable firmware but I never once had a problem with it while using the handsfree feature of my TT (and the TT handled the SMS messages something the state-of-art N95 does not do)

I have given up on using the handsfree currently and gone back to my 4 year old BT headset which works perfectly.
Deep-6
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: hijack.... Reply with quote

This won't be of much help Rick-uk but I had exactly the same problem running my n95 and a tomtom 720 (all software verisons pre navcore 8)

although for me, even though whilst the tomtom said the phone was disconnected, i could receive and make voice calls all the while.. anyway, i sold the phone so havent been able to try out the combo with the latest software on both devices..

regular 3g browsing always worked from the phone itself and as with you BT headsets worked fine so I assumed that it was just an interoperability issue with bluetooth with those two devices... all the while i was suffering, the n95 was unsupported at the time on tomtom's website...

today i have a HTC touch dual with no end of problems with both hands free and gprs traffic..(have run wm6 bt dun update) seems i will need to get an RDS-TMC to stop me from pulling out my hairs.... also because i might be getting a 3g iphone....

I would love to point the finger at the tomtom, i just havent been able to get any phone to work reliably with it (nokia 6300, n95, tytn, touch dual)

sigh...

Rick-uk wrote:
TT520 v8.010
N95-1 v21.0.016

This causes me grief on a daily basis and I am coming to the conclusion that it is a fault with the bluetooth on my N95.

Do a reset on both devices and then allow them to set up. No problem, goes through all the motions 100% for both hands free setup and wireless data.

10 minutes later the message will pop up that the phone has disconnected and the TT then will constantly keep trying to reconnect. The phone displays, connected, disconnected, connected, disconnected (ad infinitum) until I manually stop it by disabling bluetooth on one or other device. Turning the bluetooth back on and the phone is no longer recognised and the only solution is to power cycle both devices (after deleting the phone from the 520.

My previous phone was a SE 990i, a phone not noted for its stable firmware but I never once had a problem with it while using the handsfree feature of my TT (and the TT handled the SMS messages something the state-of-art N95 does not do)

I have given up on using the handsfree currently and gone back to my 4 year old BT headset which works perfectly.
Pauldp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem with the 730T:

My story so far, along with another member

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=68195&highlight=
But the 720 and N95 is now supported, but 730 is not listed. My symptoms are the same as yours, and only can be cured by powering off both devices, then phone on first followed by the TT. Works perfectly after that.
wildcard
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Finally success ! - of a sort Reply with quote

O2 have now released the v21 software for the N95 and together with Navcore8 my 520 now reliably works for hands free - but data has now fallen over ! - after working for the last 6 months with old software on both devices . However as another poster reported , this problem can be fixed by rebooting the phone beforehand . So provided I remember to switch the phone off and on before getting into the car - everything now works (Tom Tom style that it )

G
Pauldp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that is the version my phone came with. TT have now said, well its an unsupported phone and we are testing more and more.

Funny how they support it on a N90 though?
alanwalne
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a problem with my N95 8gb dropping calls from my Parrot handsfree.

I spoke to 3 and they suggested I reset the factory settings. I was sceptical of this standard response. If that works, I'll eat my hat.

After this, I have had no problems apart from that my hat tastes a bit dry!!!

I am running V20.0.016 on my Nokia

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: