Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Question and Evidence!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Question and Evidence!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ta bud! read the abridged letter in the sticky thread! Archived! surely the idea of archived data is so it's obtainable if needed! Have i called there bluff? or is evidence inconclusive?
SpacedMan
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikewall wrote:
Ta bud! read the abridged letter in the sticky thread! Archived! surely the idea of archived data is so it's obtainable if needed! Have i called there bluff? or is evidence inconclusive?

If thier evidence was covered in tea and coffee as you said then if it went to court the judge or magistrate would die laughing.

If i'm correct, if the photos aren't clear then they are not admissable in court, any evidence they give you as far as i know MUST be of a quality that is admissible in court, if not it is no good to make you pay a fine.

Gun Shoot Out Ealing Council Eh?

Me Me Me Clap First
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Mike, justice prevails but I wonder how many would simply have paid the fine Twisted Evil
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikewall wrote:
Case won! or rather dropped due to evidence not available!

Well done mate!

I just got a letter back from a parking ticket appeal (went all the way to the adjudicator) and it seems that the council have decided to not contest the case. This is the second ticket I've had dismissed when it got to the adjudicator.

If there is ANY doubt about a ticket then stand up to them and stick to your guns. They try to intimidate you into paying up, but the reality is that they really don't want to have to go through the agro of taking the matter to adjudication.

They have a licence to print money and they are playing a numbers game. Offer a 50% discount on the fine and 90% of the punters just pay up. They other 10% cause far more trouble than they are worth so they just write those ones off and let them get away with it.

I'm convinced that they don't want to let an appeal go ahead for fear that it will expose their dirty little extortion racket with it's dodgy enforcement practices and kill their cash cow...
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a ticket for a loading bay in Haymarket - "No evidence of Loading". Single driver, how do I give evidence of loading when I'm inside delivering? Leave the van doors open? I left a whiteboard in the windscreen saying delivery to xxx, with the time. They put the ticket on the windscreen partially covering my notice! I took a photo of it. Sent an email, sent a copy of the signed, timed delivery note, phoned, you name it. Eventually they agreed to waive it, but it cost me several months of phone calls, faxes, emails and postage.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
I got a ticket for a loading bay in Haymarket - "No evidence of Loading". Single driver, how do I give evidence of loading when I'm inside delivering? Leave the van doors open? I left a whiteboard in the windscreen saying delivery to xxx, with the time. They put the ticket on the windscreen partially covering my notice! I took a photo of it. Sent an email, sent a copy of the signed, timed delivery note, phoned, you name it. Eventually they agreed to waive it, but it cost me several months of phone calls, faxes, emails and postage.

We get this all the time, our trucks have freezers so doors must be kept shut to retain temp! We just send the numpty's oops spelling mistake should say councils a copy of delivery note! Your point could be expensive goods on vehicle! What we do now is put a laminated card in front window saying:

Quote:
Dear Parking Attendant,
This vehicle is delivering to a nearby customer, There may not be any signs of loading, and vehicle may appear to be unattended, but our driver is working nearby. The vehicle is shut to maintain frozen and chilled temps, and to maintain the security of our goods. Please call xxxxxxxxxxxx for any assistance or to locate the driver if required.
Thank You for your Understanding.

This is done on a A4 paper large font and displayed in front nearside windscreen. I'm sure you could modify this too your own needs. Since we started using these it has cut this type of ticket in half at least! Hope this helps
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My A4 Landscape laminated sign says, in letters 1 inch high, bold ...

BLAH BLAH EXPRESS

DELIVERY/COLLECTION AT

(big space here for marker pen writing)

MY MOBILE PHONE NUMBER IS 07BLAHBLAHBLAH

In additon to the delivery/collection address, I also write the time.

I am astounded that yours have cut your tickets - like I said, my ticket was stuck over my displayed sign!!

mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
I am astounded that yours have cut your tickets - like I said, my ticket was stuck over my displayed sign!!

We do now employ a parking consultant who goes through out tickets and challenges every one he believes we have a genuin reason to park! BUT on the downside if a driver parks where he shouldn't and there is other legal places to park, the ticket now gets passed on! The consultant keeps 40% of all fines quashed!!!!! Plus we have 20+ depots and 1000's of trucks it's in our interest to challenge as much as possible! I guess a single white van man aint got much leverage over the NUMPTY'S that are single handedly distroying the countries transport industry! DennisN you'll have to adopt the american paperboy delivery procedure! Throw your package from your moving vehicle start exercising your throwing arm! Mind your throwing something from a moving vehicle is an offence too Laughing Out Loud
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikewall wrote:
I guess a single white van man aint got much leverage over the NUMPTY'S that are single handedly distroying the countries transport industry!
Well, I've only had two tickets, both in loading bays and I got myself off both of them. My gripe is that in both cases I was displaying a sign which would have saved bother if they had phoned my mobile. Instead of which, they dumbly issued a ticket and it cost me effort and (a little) expense to get it cancelled afterwards. I suspect that cancelled tickets are not deducted retrospectively from their target performance - they make the target by issuing like crazy and nobody takes them away later. Target 300 tickets, issued 300 including 50 wrong and subsequently cancelled, target met! Evil or Very Mad

gardenshed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ever tried to park in Nottingham? luckily I dont have to go there now, but the attendants are real bar persons, you cannot deliver anything, if your stopped you get a ticket. everywhere else i go to the wardens are really helpful. I haven't had dealings with the camera wallers yet though Very Happy
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
Target 300 tickets, issued 300 including 50 wrong and subsequently cancelled, target met! Evil or Very Mad

Dennis i suspect that the figure for wrong issue of tickets is much higher than that, but people just don't challenge enough of them thinking it's got to be legit! One example my mate was delivering to a BK in London, when he arrived the loading bay was empty so he parked in the bay. Half way through a disabled driver parked on the other side of the road adjacent to his truck! Causing an obstruction! The driver of the car then asked my mate to move up so he can park in the loading bay! My mate refused as he had two unwrapped pallets on his tail lift! The driver then wrote a note and put it in his car window!

Who got a ticket? (Three guesses clue NOT THE DISABLED DRIVER!) How the hell does that work??? We challenged and won of cause but common sense must play apart in these issues!

ONE MAIN PROBLEM: Since parking was moved away from the police and given to either local council or private companys (Vinci Park to name one) then it's reasons for ticket issue is one of "Lets make as much money as possible!" Taking in mind the number of councils that are caped on the pole tax! parking is seen as a cash cow!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there you raise another issue. Was the disabled driver disabled? We hear so many badges have been copied, but there doesn't seem to be any move to deal with them. It's time some of the parking wardens were partially diverted towards this issue, taking details of every disabled badge and the car it's on, for checking. Also checking the disabled person (photo on the badge) is actually using the car. (My neighbour uses his wife's badge to go change his library books. Since the council replaced free parking with paying, our high street is constantly plagued by disabled badged cars which seem to disgorge and reload quite fit drivers without passengers or passengers who simply sit in the cars whilst the fit driver goes about whatever business). Offenders to be severely fined and the money to go to the councils so they have a nice incentive. There's good money for the making there, didn't somebody say there were known to be many thousands of such badges in Manchester alone? - First offence, £60 and three points, second offence double it. Tough luck on the banned person, no mitigation, the badge is for the disabled person, not the car or the driver - my brother keeps his in a pouch on his wheelchair, so any of us can take him out, he's not limited to one car or driver.

mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point Dennis, my wife is disabled but when we park it's getting harder to find a disbled bay! I've even seen blue badges sold at car boots and markets! look for people selling disabled pouches! Tried reporting to market inpsectors but there not interested, the police say it's not illigal to sell them just use them! Sucks don't it?

And whats so special about scaffold lorries! there allowed to park where the want without getting tickets! even on zigzags! one rule for some i guess!
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
My gripe is that in both cases I was displaying a sign

I guess the traffic warden couldn't find anyone who could read the sign for him..... Laughing
BrianCollison
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: zig zag lines Reply with quote

I heard of one of our bus drivers got pulled up by the police while he was standing the bus at a bus stop, because the back end of the bus was on the zig zag lines, he was told he had to move the bus, but as he was loading passengers he could not, he told the polceman that if he moved the bus further down that he would be breaking the law because by law you must only load or unload passengers at an authorised bus stop, unless it is an emergency, after that was said the policeman walked away and the driver heard no more about it.
It was a case of bad council planning of sited bus stop and pelican crossing.
from Brian

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: