Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Question and Evidence!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Question and Evidence!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Question and Evidence! Reply with quote

Slightly off the speed camera topic but it is relevent! Last week when i returned from my route i was called in the office and given a notice to pay a fine to Southall council for entering a box junction back in january (my company didnt process till june!) The council wanted £60! When i asked to see the photo there wasn't one! I was not gonna pay till i saw proof! a couple of days later a grainy PHOTO was sent very dark and inconclusive of the offence BUT you could see my right indicator on! The council cant supply a video footage due to the Data Protection Act! How am i ment to prove my innocence! and what has happened to innocent till proved guilty! By this standard of proof i hate to think how many people have just paid up without question!

MY ADVICE ASK FOR EVIDENCE AND QUESTION EVERYTHING! WHO EVER PUT COUNCIL'S IN CHARGE OF TRAFFIC OFFENCES SHOULD BE SHOT! AS THEY USED FOR REVINUE RAISING!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you haven't paid it, pop along to Pepipoo.com, where you will get some great and accurate advice on how to proceed.
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ta Darren not refuse to pay anything till i'm proved guilty! I dont enter box junctions unless turning right! The only issue i have is it's so long ago i can't remember the exact issues i had to deal with! I'll look at that link thank you.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify, you were in the box junction indicating to turning right? Was the exit you were turning into clear of traffic? What was preventing you from clearing the box?
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truth darren i'm not sure! if it was the last time i was there i was in box junction to enter the side road next to my drop but when i went to turn right i couldnt due to parked cars so had to pull onto bus stop outside the drop!(still a ticket i know but one the company pays!) the photo ealing council supplied is very dark and does not show wether i was in it or not, my wheels are well clear! my company have requested either a series of photos or the video both ealing have refused to send! the box junction (south rd, southall outside KFC) is only half the road! as a rule i dont enter them, but in a truck sometime people change lane and then your screwed as you stop in the junction! i've won one like this before with camden council one of there vans did this to me! but they supplied the video! ealing say it breach of the data protection act!
After 3 months its hard to remember said day! i was doing that drop every wednesday, i need that video to refresh my memory!
As i believe the law states you cant enter a box junction unless your exit is clear, unless your turning right! the pic i have seen does clearly show my indicator on as i said pic was dark easy to see light flare! even if i did pull across the road into the bus stop its still turning right ish but im not able to see into the road through buildings to see its too tight for my truck! untill i was level with side road!
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe that they ticketed you even though you were obviously turning right and then they were stupid enough to send you a picture that showed your indicator on.

As you say - it just goes to show that you should challenge them every time... Mind you, they normally reject your submissions and it's only when to go to an appeal that they back down.

Apparently Transport for London admitted that enforcing box junctions made the traffic flow WORSE. Yes, people stopped blocking them which meant less blocked traffic, but people were more cautious about entering the junction in the first place which meant that fewer cars would cross on a green phase. The net result was that the intersection passed FEWER cars than before. They did make a lot of money though which was all they cared about.

Rule 174 wrote:
Box junctions. These have criss-cross yellow lines painted on the road (see 'Road markings'). You MUST NOT enter the box until your exit road or lane is clear. However, you may enter the box and wait when you want to turn right, and are only stopped from doing so by oncoming traffic, or by other vehicles waiting to turn right. At signalled roundabouts you MUST NOT enter the box unless you can cross over it completely without stopping.

M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skippy wrote:
Apparently Transport for London admitted that enforcing box junctions made the traffic flow WORSE.

I note with some interest that it is the installation of the CAMERAS that has caused the problem, but TfL are considering removing the box junction, not the just the cams. eh!!
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad What annoys me and several of my work mates is sometimes with a larger vehicle you cant assess the side road untill your looking into it as in my case! half way down was two parked cars oppersite each other leaving room for white van man but nothing bigger! this i cant see until i'm in the box to turn right! so i have to change my plans! ironicly the council has put a disabled box opersite a taxi rank!(conspiricy theoryists eat your heart out Laughing Out Loud) so the strick revenue raising cameras can be bit harsh on active traffic conditions!
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Thursday(my last working day) our Fleet centrol support has sent another 11 PCN's through for this same box junction! There sending a senior driver to see what is going on!

BUT interestinly no evidence sent, juct the bill! wondering now if when you park to do the drop your wheels are in the box! That also means that all budses using the bus stop are also in breach of the RTA! Have they all been fined? i think not! update when i get some news!
SpacedMan
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikewall wrote:
Since Thursday(my last working day) our Fleet centrol support has sent another 11 PCN's through for this same box junction! There sending a senior driver to see what is going on!

BUT interestinly no evidence sent, juct the bill! wondering now if when you park to do the drop your wheels are in the box! That also means that all budses using the bus stop are also in breach of the RTA! Have they all been fined? i think not! update when i get some news!

One of our guy got a fine for a box junction but his one came with 2 photo's.

They showed he had no actually stopped in the yellow box but was creeping forward VERY slowly, as he had not stopped the fine was void.

Little tip.....just creep into the yellow box so you don't have to stop, then thay can't do anything, if they send a fine, they have to show you evidence i.e. 2 photos to proove you were actually stopped, if your still moving the fine is void.
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As i understand it, moving or not the offence is 'ENTERING A BOX JUNCTION, UNLESS YOUR EXIT IS CLEAR. UNLESS YOUR TURNING RIGHT!' On that basis your driver is still in breach of this law! unless he was turning right ofcause!

2 more pics from ealing both suffer from chocolate tea pot syndrome! One shows me in said junction but no road markings are visible! the other a close up of my number plate but no date stamp so i'm guessing itd a zoom of pic 1! JUST SEND THE BLOODY VIDEO EALING! This is like pulling teeth! Can someone send Ealing council the web address for the Common Sense Download File! Starting to feel like paying the bloody fine hust to end this cat and mouse game! My boss now has asked directly for video evidence to clarify the situation! This he has requested to the mayer!

CommonSenseDownloadFile.rar Laughing Out Loud

Installation Instructions:Download and unzip, click on install! Complete the user iq test if result is showing no iq found remove user and beat repeatedly with wet cellery!
SpacedMan
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikewall wrote:
As i understand it, moving or not the offence is 'ENTERING A BOX JUNCTION, UNLESS YOUR EXIT IS CLEAR. UNLESS YOUR TURNING RIGHT!' On that basis your driver is still in breach of this law! unless he was turning right ofcause!

2 more pics from ealing both suffer from chocolate tea pot syndrome! One shows me in said junction but no road markings are visible! the other a close up of my number plate but no date stamp so i'm guessing itd a zoom of pic 1! JUST SEND THE BLOODY VIDEO EALING! This is like pulling teeth! Can someone send Ealing council the web address for the Common Sense Download File! Starting to feel like paying the bloody fine hust to end this cat and mouse game! My boss now has asked directly for video evidence to clarify the situation! This he has requested to the mayer!

CommonSenseDownloadFile.rar Laughing Out Loud

Installation Instructions:Download and unzip, click on install! Complete the user iq test if result is showing no iq found remove user and beat repeatedly with wet cellery!

As it happens our guy got done by Ealing council, the fist one got overturned coz he hadn't actually stopped and the 2nd got overturned coz they said tha van was white when it's actually silver.
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds as thou your bud got the video off ealing! they wont give me my everdence yet! just phoned them myself they wont deal with me as its my company vehicle! and they are in conversation over this!!!!!!
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Case won! or rather dropped due to evidence not available!
SpacedMan
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikewall wrote:
Case won! or rather dropped due to evidence not available!

Exellent!!!! Cheers!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: