Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - old map version
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

old map version

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pallyally
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: old map version Reply with quote

Sorry if this been asked or debated before. my newly bought (two days ago) 520 has map version v7.05 1480 on it and when connected to home it does not offer any new map update to v7.20. will it update shortly I have made a windows explorer update as soon as it was connected Any replies welcome It is the 520 uk model
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not offered using Update my Go or through Home's Latest Map guarantee?
pallyally
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, what happens is I connect to home latest version click on update maps which asks me to log in which I do then update maps which then lists the maps available. uk and rep of ireland are listed on my device as 169.4 MB then lower down is great britain and rep of ireland which states 161.6 MB online £29.95 buy? when I try to update it says when contacting server severe server error return code header missing Any ideas please??
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the rubbish things about Home....

"Update" shows you new maps to buy. You need to go to the "Tools" menu at the top and select Latest Map Guarantee.

Hope that works for you, but it seems MANY people don't get offered the latest v720. If that's the same for you, you need to ring them on 0845 161 0009 and go through the rigmarole of sending them your proof of purchase date before they will add the maps to your account.
pallyally
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies about the map.Had alook in the map folder and it shows uk and rep of ireland whereas the 7.20 version is smaller and says great britain an rep of ireland. I cant even connect to server even with firewall off with warning as in my first post.Any more ideas before the call to TOMTOM

thankyou
pallyally
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any help please Question When i connect to home it won,t connect to internet. nothing wrong with firewall.Ieven tried with no firewall tried different usb conns on rear of computer

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: