Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Manufacturer Refurbished Tomtom 910
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Manufacturer Refurbished Tomtom 910

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MickeyM
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Manufacturer Refurbished Tomtom 910 Reply with quote

Is a Manufacturer Refurbished Tomtom 910 a good buy from Total PDA, for £150. Also do I get a discount from them if I am a subscriber to Pocket GPS World. Thanks.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good buy, but I don't think any PND Device will qualify for a Discount because of the low margins that they run at.

Nothing to stop you asking though. Wink

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Factory refurbished items are often better than new, because they may undergo additional testing to ensure that any fault has been rectified.

Although you might not get discount as such, you might get free P&P or something to bring the price down - but this is obviously at the discretion of the retailer.

It might also be worth checking the warranty period of the refurbished unit and making sure that you're happy with that, compared with what you would gain for a new unit with manufacturer's warranty (if they're different).
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would ask them to confirm what maps are installed to this prior to purchase as this could become costly, if the maps are way out of date then a new 720, 920 or even the 730, 930 could be less costly in the long run.
The 910 comes with Europe and US mapping do you need this? - it also has a mount that is known to be troublesome although I didn't have many problems with mine - many others did.
A hard drive in a PNA is also questionable, heat, vibration etc in a car doesn't do these type of drives much good.

If you want the latest mapping and only want to spend around the £150 to £200 I would look at the x20/ x30 units, the 910 is a very capable device - but check the maps before spending the cash, as for warranty the 910 was supplied with a two year cover, newer x20/ x30 units only get 12 months, a re-con 910 would get 6 months - Mike
MickeyM
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Manufacturer Refurbished Tomtom 910 Reply with quote

Well, 910 arrived this morning,looks new. But so far I have had to reset it 5 times, also cannot get it to snap into the docking station, but it will work by sitting just on it. It has Ver:6.525 firmware, and Map ver:660.1219.
Any idears why I have to keep resetting, and why it will not snap hold on the docking station. If I can get over those two problems I will be very pleased with the unit. Regards Mike.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather than wasting time trying to work out why it is resetting, you could try just updating to v7 software, as your v6 is very old. That is quite likely to sort out the reset problem as well.

First things first though. Have you done the all-important Windows Explorer backup yet? DO IT NOW before anything else.

And I've never had an x10 model myself, but I seem to remember that they were only supposed to sit loosely in the dock, they didn't "snap in".
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They sit on the Desktop Mount, but snap on to the Windscreen Mount.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The outer ring on the windscreen mount that you rotate has two distinct locked positions, as you hear the first click that locks the mounting arm, the second click is the fully secured position. It can take considerable force to rotate the ring to the second position but once done the device should lock to the mount (otherwise the release button on the front of the device wouldn't be needed) - Mike
MickeyM
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Manufacturer Refurbished Tomtom 910 Reply with quote

Hi Mike, Many thanks for the info, also Oldboy. Updated to 7.161, also done backup with IE. Looking good at the moment. Everything looks new except for maps, but they are newer than the one`s in my old GO VER:6.5 in that. Had hell of a job to find the reset, but so far so good.
MickeyM
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way Mike it comes with a 12 month manuf/warranty.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: