Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Installing PGPSW Database onto DriveSmart *NEW DOWNLOAD LINK
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Installing PGPSW Database onto DriveSmart *NEW DOWNLOAD LINK
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Installing PGPSW Database onto DriveSmart *NEW DOWNLOAD LINK Reply with quote

Thanks to WLMOATE there is now an official installation guide here:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras-drivesmart.php

Cheers

MaFt
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please note that as of release 5.042 (5th April 2007) you need to select 'Drive Smart' from teh download area rather than 'Other'

MaFt
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MaFt,

Have just downloaded the file as above, unzipped it and .....NO FILE ATTACHED, just Help/Release/Licence.

Is this a new type of "hidden" file, if so any idea how to open it?
HTC Advantage X7500 MS 6.1 Tchart Speed Sentry
Satmap Active 10, Software v1.16
Fuzion 32 HUD Bluetooth GPS receiver
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have downloaded this again this morning on a different computer and the file is complete.

MaFt Was the file "missing" and since been added, or was it just me going nuts?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i made that post in advance of making the actual release announcement and before the link had been set up correctly to download the correct files!

sorry...

MaFt
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks MaFt, I thought I was cracking up, as I always refresh, so sure it wasn't an old file. :D

Next time I won't be so hasty. 8)
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJF wrote:
Thanks MaFt, I thought I was cracking up, as I always refresh, so sure it wasn't an old file. :D

Next time I won't be so hasty. 8)

no, no, next time I won't be so hasty!
WLMOATE
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MaFt

Just to let you know the database working great now. EG the corect ype is alerted.

I am going too test the following features and get us a final answer on SPECS and ameras that can change direction.

I will create a file and let you know how I get on.

MY-SOS, Benefon TWIG, DriveSmart, Wayfinder
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MaFt,

Would it be a lot of work to add Red Lights and the Accident Blackspots to the DS database?

If others say the Black Spots aren't worth having then so be it, but i find it makes me more aware in "Dodgy" areas and as the DS unit is capable of using them it must be worth having.

As the Black Spot locations are already in the DS database, maybe they can be copied over to the pgpsw database.

Hope this wouldn't be too much hard work for you.
WLMOATE
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always disagreed with red light camera warnings, for the obvious reasons. And before anyone comments yes I do speed.

Accident black spots is a sensible suggestion

MY-SOS, Benefon TWIG, DriveSmart, Wayfinder
nuttynurse
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have always disagreed with red light camera warnings, for the obvious reasons.

Whilst I would agree with you that those stupid enough to run lights deserve little sympathy, I would like to see them included in a database if only for the deterent effect they also have. Knowing where speed camera are make us slow down in areas regarded to have high accident rates. (?able I know). Alerts to mobile camera sites makes us aware of the risk we take if tempted to floor-it in any given area, open road or in built up areas heightening your alertness if nothing else. So why not a warning at traffic lights that says: if you risk it you deserve it, surely it can only add to the deterent factor rather than given encouragement and at least make the driver think twice before leaving it to late to stop! But I also believe that there are incidents where you can possibly be a victim of red lights, especially in unfamiliar areas.

I went to Swansea yesterday. What a nightmare place this has turned into. I was last there some years ago and my god has it changed. Its like trying to find your way through a maze of signs, road markings and complicated junctions. On top of that I had the Pogo telling me to turn one way of another whilst I wasn't sure I could believe it or not as poor old Pogo was not behaving at all well yesterday.
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nuttynurse,

Quote:
Whilst I would agree with you that those stupid enough to run lights deserve little sympathy, I would like to see them included in a database if only for the deterent effect they also have. Knowing where speed camera are make us slow down in areas regarded to have high accident rates.

I have never jumped a red light in my life and will do all I can to keep it that way, HOWEVER when driving in London (same for all big cities) the pathetic pace often moved, means sometimes only one or two cars can get through lights before they change.

This leaves the motorist scrambling for space (sometimes only a car length) between the lights trying to get to the otherside, with additionally escaping restricted yellow boxes between the lights, with even more cameras, on top of this is the red light camera behind, desperate to take his/hers picture if they can't escape the turmoil.

Driving anywhere these days is stressful, big brother is watching every move to part you with your hard earned cash, sometimes already taxed twice due to the additional stealth taxes.

The red light database already exists and unlike speed cameras doesn't change very much, so why can't we add the extra info onto the database, we need to help our stressful existance, to what was once enjoyable driving.

There will always be opposition to the subject, but the high mileage motorists will be thankful for the extra info whilst driving, and the other smaller mileage driver's probally won't go far enough for it to count.
nuttynurse
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi GJF,

Hi or low mileage its certainly very stressful out there. The government and councils seem obsessed in creating obstacles to driving where ever you go today. Locally it seems you encounter months of road disruption whilst councils spend god knows how much recreating simple road junctions into complicated stone built obstacles etc, etc, whilst many of our main roads continue to crumble no wonder then that the poor old motorist is being constantly targetted. Its not unlike the 60's when architects knocked down many fine old buildings just to replace them with concrete ones, its only ever in retrospect that we recognise the damage been done. Government harp on about better public transport links, they have already made this worse since coming into power. By the time I receive my old age pension I'm bound to be fined for exceeding the speed limit in my wheelchair!
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuttynurse wrote:
Quote:
By the time I receive my old age pension I'm bound to be fined for exceeding the speed limit in my wheelchair!

What makes you think you will get away with that easy!

I've heard that the Goverment will be going for all disabled vehicles next,
with a black box tracker going on first, then "pay as you go" mileage, speed limits (3mph) and penalty points for running over other peoples feet.

The only good thing is that wheelchairs will also have to conform to the Highway Code - I suppose looking on the bright side, at least as pedestrians, you won't get mown down at your local market or in the pedestrian High St.

Just to be non-conformist pensioners we will have to organise wheelchair rallys, with walkway racing.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add my four penneth worth Smile Monitron red light cameras are being widely deployed with dual purpose red-light and speed roles.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: