Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Go 920TApplication/Map Question
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Go 920TApplication/Map Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
not_so_old_git
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Go 920TApplication/Map Question Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a new 920T that shipped with 7.221 application and 710.1575 maps for Guam, Western/Central Europe and North America.

Having connected via TomTom Home to try to use Latest Map Guarantee, Home tells me that I have the latest maps, when map version 720 is the latest you can buy for the 920T in the TomTom shop.

My question is will the 7.221 application work with map version 720, or do I need to upgrade the application to 7.481 first before Home will allow Latest Maps Guarantee download to map version 720?

I am unwilling to upgrade unless I have to due to the bad press 7.481 has received on the forum.

Thanks for your help.
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, before doing any upgrade, backup your unit's contents using Explorer, not TTHome. Make sure hidden files are shown as well as extensions for known file types.

7.221 should work fine with NA map 7.20. Other are using that combination with no problems.

You are not the first (sadly Sad ) to find the Latest Map Guarantee ain't all it's cracked up to be. Afraid you'll have to call support to get the 7.20 map added to your account for downloading, if you've bought the unit within the last 30 days.

They may ask for a scanned or faxed copy of your receipt, device number of your unit, name of your first born, the names of all the animals you ever owned and the States and Provinces with capitols in alphabetical order Mad Mad (just kidding about the first born).

Anyway, be firm.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be even firmer....
They are quite likely to try to insist that you are only entitled to ONE latest map i.e. Europe. If they do, stick to your guns, threaten whatever you have to threaten, and they will eventually cave in and give you the US map too. (as per many examples on this forum).
not_so_old_git
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to you both.

I have put my feeling firm head on and will contact TomTom now!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: