Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Putting GPSworld speed cameras on 730T
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Putting GPSworld speed cameras on 730T

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavehwT
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Putting GPSworld speed cameras on 730T Reply with quote

I have had the 700 since it came out and kept it upto date. Yesterday I took the plunge and bought the 730T. It came with TomTom's own speed camera files installed, although I have not activated them through TomTom Home.
They also contain file types .ver .dct , any ideas what these files do?.

Can I remove all the TomTom speed cameras files for the different countries and just install your files to gain some space?. Would this upset the poi.dat file.
Alternatively can I just load your files and my own.ogg files without touching the tomtom speed camera files.

Many Thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a read through some of the links on the FAQ page which can be found by clicking Here it covers POI installation, ogg file installation/ configuration and a couple of ways to remove the TT Speed Cameras. The most important thing to do with the device is to back it up fully to the PC, this is FAQ #1

As for what the files do I am not sure as I don't have them on my devices, although the .ver file can be opened and viewed using Note Pad on the PC.

I have removed the TT Speed Cameras and installed the better ones from here, this has no affect on the other built in POI files as they are stored in a different file, it is also possible to have both databases on the device, doing this does show you the difference in the actual quality of the two offerings, when you have decided the PGPSW data is better you can delete the other files (it will probably take you a couple of days to come to this conclusion) - Mike
DavehwT
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike,
I have been using the gpsworld speed camera database since it started and have found it invaluable as I travel all over the UK and will be driving down to Spain next Month so I will be using both UK and European Databases. I just want to dump the tomtom files but without causing any problems. I have also backed up the 730 on my PC not TomTom Home.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: