Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 2nd Rikaline X7 Help PLEASE!!! Anyone
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

2nd Rikaline X7 Help PLEASE!!! Anyone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lui7574
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: 2nd Rikaline X7 Help PLEASE!!! Anyone Reply with quote

I'm now on my second rikaline unit it worked great at first but now will not connect via the bluetooth connection , I,ve tested the bluetooth card on my Axim X5 and no problems there it works perfectly with other devices. Does anyone have a solution to re-connecting or rebooting the X7 unit.

(Or just any ideas) "FED UP NOW, REALLY FED UP"

Thanks

LUI
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you switched the baud rate or played around with the protocols from NMEA to SiRF recently ? Either intentionally or unintentionally like in TomTom ?
lui7574
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:18 am    Post subject: FED UP NOW!!! Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, No, no changes made, I used Tom Tom and the X7 for a couple of trips and them I,ve left both dormant for about three-four days, since then I,ve been unable to establish a bluetooth connection. I started with bluetooth manager on the Axim then tom tom software, then rebooted the Axim.

That's where I'm up to so far.

Thanks in advance for your help

LUI
SHC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
If its been left dormant for a few days, has it completly lost its charge? If the battery is completley dead might it have lost its bond with the pocket pc? Try charging the x7 up again and then hold the small power button in for 7 seconds, then try to bond again with your pocket pc as though it was brand new. might work.
regards
SHC
lui7574
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Still no Joy !!!!! Reply with quote

Thanks, that was worth a try but unfortunately no joy, I've reset everything as if making a fresh start, I,ve also tried with the GPS unit powered up constantly, actually the red power light is the only thing working! When I search for bluetooth with the PDA no other lights are activated on the GPS unit.

Not a clue were to go from here but thanks again for trying.

LUI
SHC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
You only have 1 red light when plugged in?
I charge mine using the supplied mains lead and plugged into a 2 pin shaving socket, I have 2 red lights, 1 & 4. If you only have 1 light is there a problem with the battery?
regards
SHC
lui7574
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Still no joy!! Reply with quote

Could well be, but the bluetooth connection should still work when the unit is mains powered.

Thanks,

LUI
bagmans911
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in the same situation, my first X7 died (unable to charge battery, no BAT light when charging) it was returned to me worked for a week and left for 4 days and again -dead as a dodo! BAT light does no light when charging and the GPS is dead! This unit does not work with a bettery that is flat or dead. Sad If my unit is left for 4 days (twice now) the battery is dead and will not re-charge, avoid the BT X7 it is rubbish.
lui7574
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: FYI- Given Up on X7 Reply with quote

FYI
Just to let you know given up totally on X7 which is a pity because when it was working the performance was spot on, for me a GPS unit should just do it's job, same as the navigation software it should just work, In my case the TomTom software did just that "It does what it says on the box" unfortunately my X7 didn't.

Also thanks to anyone who replied to my help questions it's very much appreciated and also thanks to top blokes at PDA mods for sorting it out pronto.

LUI7574.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: