Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Which UK towns are Sat Nav hell?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Which UK towns are Sat Nav hell?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
movilogo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Which UK towns are Sat Nav hell? Reply with quote

There are some towns in UK, where even with the aid of sat nav, you'll bound be lost on your way.

Reasons:

Numerous one way streets [sometimes sat navs can't recognize them]
Lots of no left/right turns
Lots of buses/cycles/taxis only turns

I personally faced these issues especially in Blackpool and Nottingham so far [I don't drive in London by the way].

What other towns fall in this category?

Wink
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bradford town centre isa bit of a funny one at the moment around broadway.

they knocked a massive area down a few years back and still haven't done anything with it yet (stupid council failed to add any 'late' clauses in the contract... that's another story though!). actually, they're re-routed a few of the roads and none f the manufacturers have added this - i don't blame them, as they are still temporary roads and will be changing when (if?!) they ever get working properly on the whole redevelopment!

i feel sorry for anyone driving though who doesn't know the area as it's very easy to try and guess where you should be going then get stuck inthe pathetic little one-way system (one road) and get confused!. any rerouting back around towards leeds road will take you back to the messed up area...!!!

other than that bradford and surrounding areas have been fine (both navteq and teleatlas). there's a few wrong 'turn restriction's in the teleatlas data though but nothing major.

MaFt
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say Sheffield since they have finished the bypass bit in the city centre. Last time I looked the manufacturers hadn't added the new road and still tried to navigate down bus routes and no entry junctions.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: