Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navcore 8 Upgrade for Older Devices Released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navcore 8 Upgrade for Older Devices Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The advice TT Support offered is exactly the same as I have just given someone on this forum, it is the first step in issolating what could be wrong with a Home installation that isn't working correctly - you have tried doing this haven't you? - Mike
Tom59
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mike, yes I did as they asked, but there was no change, which was why I resigned myself to the fact that something is not right.
I have upgraded my map and firmware version since then, but still no change. When I get home tonight, I will try it again. It is just simply a case of uninstalling Home and reconnecting to the dock, then let it all happen automatically isn't it?
I have a Windows backup just in case. Wink

TT iPhone app
V 1.23 Map: Western and Central Europe 2 GB V 965.7286

TT iOS Go Mobile
V 1.1 Map: Western Europe 965.7248
junior2202
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, have read some views on the v8 upgrade, i can also add that I have:-
TomTom One 2nd Edition
Maps Uk & Ireland Version 7.15
Firmware Version 8.011 x20 (YES 8.011)
I have the following options available in the CHANGE PREFERENCES section:-
Use Night Colours
Show POI on Map
Safety Preferences
Voice Preferences
Volume Prefernces
Manages Favourites
Change
Home Location
Manage Maps
Manage POI's
Change Car Symbol
Turn On 2D Display (CURRENTLY USING 3D OPTION)
Show Lane Images (NOT USABLE WITH MY MAP)
Change Map Colours
Brightness Prferences
Status Bar Prferences
Automatic Zooming
Quick Menu Preferences
Guided Tours
Names Preferences
Set Units
Operate Left-Handed
Keyboard Preferences
Plannings Preferences
Toll Road Preferences
Set Owner
Speaker Preferences (INTERNAL SPEAKER/BLUETOOTH Hi-Fi Device/LINE OUT) (AS FAR AS I NO ONLY THE INTERNAL SPEAKER WORKS)
Music Preferences
Start Up Preferences
Car Preferences (NOT HIGHLIGHTED NOT ACCESSABLE)
Bluetooth Prefernces
Disable Wireless Data
Send/Recieve Files (WORKS)
My TomTom Account
Battery Saving Preferences
Change Language
Set Clock
Show Fewer Menu Options
Show Tips
Reset Factory Settings

All in that order, I now have 8 pages to look through rather than 7 wen using version 7.136.

Hope that enlightens how much more is added, oh and now and then my tomtom one switches on with the old style buttons rather that the stylish classy one's. Don't know why?
Tom59
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mike, I have just uninstalled and re downloaded TT Home. I set it going and then opened and shredded 12 bits of junk mail. After 32 minutes, I got fed up and clicked LMG, I got the message saying that I am not allowed it, I then clicked update and got my downloads.
I also tried setting it to automatically check for updates, but there was no difference. Crying or Very sad

TT iPhone app
V 1.23 Map: Western and Central Europe 2 GB V 965.7286

TT iOS Go Mobile
V 1.1 Map: Western Europe 965.7248
Buddy07
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, I've searched reasonably hard and can't find it....

I have a One 3rd Edition, Western Europe Maps v705.4185. Yesterday I installed software version 8.010 via TomTom Home. Since then the actual route planning function - i.e. after selecting all options and pressing "Done", the actual calculation of the route - seems to take much longer than previously.

The knock-on of this is, if I "prepare a route", say from Milan to Turin, and then return to the main location screen, the device tries to plan from my current location to Turin, which is 700 miles or so, and the menu "hangs" when I try to clear it because of the slowness of the planning. When I actually get to the "Clear Route" option, the "hanging" immediately disappears and the device is back up to normal speed.

Rambling a bit, but the question is - is the much longer calculation time normal, or something I've done, and if the latter how can I resolve it? Ta.
999tommo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the version 8 software available yet for any of the X10 devices ? I have a TT710.

Regularly absent, but still here in spirit !
lola
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@junior2202

How did you get Navcore 8 on your One V2?

@ALL - Is TT Traffic worth paying for (via GPRS)
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

999tommo wrote:
Is the version 8 software available yet for any of the X10 devices ? I have a TT710.

It's not available yet, but the consensus seems to be that it's hopefully only a matter of time before TT release it for x10 devices.
rossltmoss
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i have been avoiding updating the firmware on my TOMTOM 520 for sometimes, as i have had a problem with FM Volume being too loud ever since 7.481.
But i foolishly thought after all this time the problem might of been sorted so upgraded the firmware.
However I forgot how RUBBISH TOMTOM are with support and funnily enough it hasnt been fixed.
Very anoying how they max the FM Volume whether you like it or not but still leave a volume control even though it doesnt work.

Back to 7.221 for me then
andyjdhurley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a One (3rd edition) which I bought a month ago having been a long time user of Navigators 5 & 6 on my palm treos.

Several threads have been mentioning the loss of certain menus with Navcore 8.

I never really saw much of navcore7 as my One upgraded to 8 the first time I connected it so I can't say for sure what 7 had on this device.

My main gripe is Manage POI as it is the only (convenient) way to edit my POIs. I have one with all the addresses I visit ocassionally (things like my daughter's friends houses which I go to maybe once a year to pick up from parties etc) and now have to edit it on the PC (or the treo) and transfer it across.

I understand there is a procedure for getting these back by creating a custom menu (at the expence of map share functions) but that this only works on navcore7 not 8.

Now I don't particularly want to lose mapshare (or help me) but if that is the price then I may consider it. Has anyone found a way to get Manage POI back in navcore8 yet? I can't find anything so I guess not Crying or Very sad

My One is a 3rd edition Western Europe with traffic option.
App: 8.10 (9369/040301)
Map: v720.1802

I've also seen mention of ALG, does this work on a One? Obviously we need to wait for the v8 maps but I don't see a menu item for it so I presume it won't work anyway so no reason to upgrade the map when it comes out for the One.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyjdhurley wrote:

Not quite. The menus weren't there on a standard ONE "3rd edition" but could be added with a custom menu on v7. With v8 you can't.

Quote:
I never really saw much of navcore7 as my One upgraded to 8 the first time I connected it so I can't say for sure what 7 had on this device.

Too late for you now, but I'd advise every one to TURN OFF the automatic updates, so you can remain in control of what gets done to your unit.

Quote:

I understand there is a procedure for getting these back by creating a custom menu (at the expence of map share functions) but that this only works on navcore7 not 8.
Now I don't particularly want to lose mapshare (or help me) but if that is the price then I may consider it. Has anyone found a way to get Manage POI back in navcore8 yet? I can't find anything so I guess not Crying or Very sad

Unfortunately not.

And worse even than that is we would normally advise "just go back to v7" if you want to use the custom menu" (who really needs the Help me stuff anyway?)
BUT - recent reports are that on this particular machine you cannot even go back to your previous set-up by restoring a backup! Once you've got v8, you're stuck with it!

Quote:
I've also seen mention of ALG, does this work on a One? Obviously we need to wait for the v8 maps but I don't see a menu item for it so I presume it won't work anyway so no reason to upgrade the map when it comes out for the One.

I think it SHOULD do, when the maps come out for the ONE. Can't say for certain though.
rockin_plumber
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
andyjdhurley wrote:

Not quite. The menus weren't there on a standard ONE "3rd edition" but could be added with a custom menu on v7. With v8 you can't.

Custom menu's still work on my 3rd Edition with V8......

The only one that didnt is itinery planning.....

Manage POI's is defo there.....
I am still using the custom menu I created for V7 but changed the itinery planning for something else

Smile
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right of course... what I meant was the custom menu cannot be used to get back the missing functions, rather than that you couldn't have a custom menu at all.
rockin_plumber
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One little glitch........

Insafety preverences I have my TomTom 3rd edition set to warn me if Im goin over a certain speed.......
I set the warning to Beep 5....... and it keeps going back to the default Bell 1 after the unit is turned off & back on Confused
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm experiencing exactly the same with my 720, and have stopped bothering to change it back to Beep 5.
Samsung Galaxy S21

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 33 of 34

Jump to: