Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navcore 8 Upgrade for Older Devices Released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navcore 8 Upgrade for Older Devices Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
illmofo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may have been posted allready but I can confirm the x20 cab found on page 1 or 2 for a manual install works fine on the tomtom one v2. Only glitch is when I initially connect it to home I get a warning stating: Error when contacting the server: You have an invalid version of the TomTom application installed on your TomTom device. To use home you need to install the correct version of the tomtom application.

Clicking the back button and tomtom home immediately shows me if there are any map corrections, gps quickfix, or poi updates and download and installs them without a hitch.

Razz
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I downloaded the navicore 8 for my 720 from the link found on page 1 or 2 on this topic and all went faultlessly. Thanks.
I cant say that the download makes much difference, apart from switching the programme on quicker but it is a step forward to the future.
I suppose when new v8 maps become available one will then see an improvement.

If they were to bring out the new map next week would I be pleased? No. I would be right niggled because I purchased the v720 map only one month ago. Such is life.
GPS World Traffic cameras
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use the RDS-TMC device with the TomTom then running Navcore 8 is a great improvement, it actually works offering delay information and re-routing to avoid delays. You also get a couple of extra new functions in the MapShare feature, to get the full benefit of the software will require the new maps once they are made available - Mike
BarryFS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, but I have been following this post to get tips and hints regarding the Navcore upgrade.
I recently purchased my first SatNav, a 520T, which was running version 7.481.
I have just upgraded to 8.010, using TomTom Home, and everything, well almost everything, seems fine.
My spoken addresses still work, the device switches on very quickly.
Hopefully the TMC receiver will actually give me some useful information ... but that is still to be tested.
One problem that I have experienced, and I've not seen anyone else mention this one, is that my device won't connect to TomTom Home anymore!
I have restarted my PC and plugged the device in/switched it on, but I don not get a prompt asking if I want to connect to my computer.
What I do get is the prompt to enter my PIN, and the device switches on as if it was not plugged in to the PC's USB slot.
If I manually start TomTom Home, the 'Device' option on the menu bar is greyed-out, so I can't 'force' a connection that way.
I considered restoring to the backup I took prior to the upgrade, but Windows Explorer cannot see the device.

Any suggestions how I can get this working?
Regards
Barry
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum Barry, have you tried resetting the device by depressing the reset button with a pin on the underside of the device? - then try connecting it again you won't loose any settings of data doing this it simply forces the TomTom to re-boot - Mike
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people have reported problems when using a usb hub or a port on the front of the pc. If the pc still doesn't recognise the device after a reset and you're doing either of these, try using one of the direct ports on the back of the pc.
Samsung Galaxy S21
lamplight
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BarryFS wrote:
One problem that I have experienced, and I've not seen anyone else mention this one, is that my device won't connect to TomTom Home anymore!
I have restarted my PC and plugged the device in/switched it on, but I don not get a prompt asking if I want to connect to my computer.

Hi Barry and welcome Smile . I reported the same change in behaviour when trying to connect to Home after this update. I find that if I switch the device on and THEN insert it into the cradle, this forces the pc to recognise the device and I get the option to connect to pc. as per normal. Switching on before putting in cradle goes against the grain a bit, but it does the job and doesn't result in any corruption for me. However, I would still strongly counsel to switch off the device BEFORE 'un'-cradling.

EDIT: Just to add that re-setting and back usb port options tried but didn't help in my case.

Last edited by lamplight on Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarryFS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may sound silly - so forgive me - but I take it that I press the 'reset' button with the device switched on??
I have just tried that, and the device turned itself off. I then turned it on again, and a horizontal bar went along the screen.
I have tried to connect again, but still no good.
It just asks me for my PIN and then starts up as normal.

I have tried it in a couple of USB ports now, front and back, both of which I have successfully used in the past for my TomTom.

The problem is, even if I wanted to, I cannot back-out of this change as my device won't connect to the PC for me to restore.

Any other suggestions?
Barry
BarryFS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lamplight you are a star!!

Thanks for the advice.
As you say, it does go against the grain, but I can live with it.
Strange how only a few people seem to be getting this particular issue, whereas others are getting ones that I am not.

Regards
Barry
lamplight
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it worked Barry - but your post encouraged me to try things out - because it obviously wann't just me having the difficulty. So an important discovery here....

I removed my password, and now find I can dock as normal and then switch on and connect up as I used to be able to. (Just to test it out again, I went back to Home and reset the password and found it wouldn't connect again. So I removed password once again, and I'm connecting again.) So in my case, it is definitely the password/pin that is the problem/barrier to connection.

EDIT: I've changed some confusing sentences
turbo10
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: V8 Maps For Go 920T ? Reply with quote

5 days ago I purchased a Go 920T, I updated it from TomTom Home and it is now V8.010 / 190943. It now says in the menu "Show Lane Images" when pressed it then says Map Not Compatible with Lane Guidance" .
The maps are W and C Europe V710.1575, are V8 maps yet available and will that give me Advanced Lane Guidance ?
Thx
Turbo10
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, v8 maps are NOT yet available for the x20 range and it's thought that they won't be released until August at the earliest.

There are, however, later v7 maps versions than the v710 which you have - v715 and v720 - so it might be worth thinking about using your Latest Map Guarantee to update.

It is thought that when/if v8 maps are released for the x20 range that they will, indeed, have Advanced Lane Guidance.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vs8 maps that contain the IQ Routes data and the Lane Assist information are only currently listed as available for the x30 devices, they will be made available at some future point no doubt.

A couple of forum members have reported purchasing vs8 maps via TT Home and getting them working on the 920 units, so it might work but this is an expensive gamble with no support or money back from TT if it fails.

I would complain to TomTom though as you don't have the latest maps for your device, you need the version 720 maps as these are the latest release for the Go-x20 units. Give them a ring on Monday morning (0845 161 0009) and demand map updates for each of the maps installed to your unit, you should get the North American and Europe maps at version 720 - Mike
Nigel42
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I just connected to TT home and it 'downloaded' 8.010 to my 720.
I have perform a reset but it still shows 7.481 as my version type!

Any ideas?
realistic
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just upgraded to 8.010, using TomTom Home, and everything, well almost everything, seems fine.
Using a TT 520 the problem is that TT Home will not work when my devise is attached to the computer. Redownlowded TTHome and used another computer and still no joy. This means that I can no longer recieve any more updates. Any ideas chaps?
I keep getting an error message
HOMERuntime.exe failed with error 0

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 22 of 34

Jump to: