Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navcore 8 Upgrade for Older Devices Released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navcore 8 Upgrade for Older Devices Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lesbsmith
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me the ASR options are not even there. Tried a reset, gone back to 7.481 (where it does work) but no difference when I revert to 8.010. The software must really be bad that we experience different problems. Still I'm sticking with 8.010 until something better comes out.[/quote]
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lesbsmith wrote
Quote:
For me the ASR options are not even there

That's really strange, Mine have always been there, but they stopped working when I updated to v7.481. Reverting to 7.221 didn't help but on v8.10, they are working perfectly for English addresses. Not so good with french, probably my accent. It does listen and come up with options though. It didn't before the update.

Also, the coloured lights that show your speaking volume are greatly improved.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's gotta mean something if we all go round jumping for joy when TomTom bring out an update which cures the power on switch and very little else. Rolling Eyes

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jammy1 wrote:
I've got a problem with this update. I updated my TomTom 520 the manual way i.e. downloaded the files and dragged and dropped them onto the sd card in the tomtom and told windows to overwrite any files with the same name.

All worked fine and my tomtom device is telling me I have version 8.10. Hooked upto home and clicked on 'show contents of my Go' and it is recognising it at 7.481! I have tried deleting the application, but Home just offers me 7.481! 8.10 is definitely installed on the device but home wont recognise it.

Any advice welcomed.

That's because it hasn't installed correctly.
There are two files on the Go that contain the device and Home details.
They are tthome.bif and ttgo.bif there is also a third one install.bif.
They can be opened with notepad and edited/changed.

Make sure you backup first.

Re-install V7.481, open the tthome.bif then the ttgo.bif and make sure both show the correct version, then re-install the V8.010, if it has installed correctly they should both show the same and Home and your device will both show the same version.

The line to change in the .bif file is ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8010
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
Hoppy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lesbsmith wrote:
I'm with Hoppy. My 720 has lost ASR but the fact it turns on quicker is a real bonus. If the RDS-TMC problem has been fixed (and I have yet to try it) then that will be brilliant. I'm sticking with 8.010 for now and see how it goes.

TomTom support could only suggest I go back to 7.481 for ASR to work. No thanks!

My ASR is still working seems a bit flakey in "Spoken address" but it still does work. Seems fine in "Spoken address (dialogue)" but they are still things I can put up with. The volume on the unit seems a lot louder too. Small thing though, I am so pleased with how fast my 520 turns on now. I can put up with the small faults and if the RDS-TMC is fixed I'm even happier.
NA 2GB v8.45
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew upgraded at 2355 last night, lucky i did Laughing Out Loud! Hate the compass but the other improvements outweight that! Maybe we can all copy and paste the email to tomtom if enough of us complain about the compass maybe they'll revert back next update!
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fixed my ASR by doing a hard and soft reset, copying all of the files manually from the cab file and booting up without my 8GB SDHC card in - magically it now works.

Not sure which of the above steps actually fixed it but at least it works.

Off to play with the TMC today ................................
djc_slip
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: TOMTOM Go 300 - Navcore 8 Reply with quote

Will there be a Navcore update for the TomTom Go 300.
howie555
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: fatal error Reply with quote

Hi, what am I doing wrong. I have tried to update my 920 using the link on the first page of this topic. I unzip all the folders and then copy the across to the unit I then get a red flashing X and home telling me there is a fatal error and it closes down. Try reset unit but to no avail so have restored back to 7.481, but would like 8, just because its there.
thanks
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: fatal error Reply with quote

howie555 wrote:
but would like 8, just because its there.
thanks

Not any more, the v8.010 update for the x20 range has been withdrawn - see the very first post in this thread which now says:
Quote:
6 Jun 08: The upgrade package for x20 devices contained the Advanced lane Guidance option in Change preferences. This created the impression that the feature was available when it is not and consequently the x20 version has been withdrawn. An upgrade to Navcore 8 will be made available to x20 users at a later date.

45Richard45
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: TOMTOM Go 300 - Navcore 8 Reply with quote

djc_slip wrote:
Will there be a Navcore update for the TomTom Go 300.

I think its unlikely. TT wil be pushing for you to go out and buy a new device at this stage to get all the updated features.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom have a very good track record of upgradeability and I would expect to see further models offered the Navcore 8 software as time progresses, the remaining One models and x10 devices would be the next logical step - Mike
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike beat me to it. Although it's not yet available I would be very surprised if an update was not forthcoming at some later date.

This is one area where TomTom do shine and deserve some credit. They have released updates for all their PND's and continue to support their first generation devices with upgrades which is very unusual in this marketplace.
howie555
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks GPS FAN, but it might have been withdrawn from dowload via home, but you can still download it via the link on page 1 or 2 of this post.
So does anyone know what I am doing wrong to get the fatal error message.
Thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howard, How are you putting the files on the device? the download will contain 15 files that go in to the root of the device replacing existing files of the same name, the folders need to be treated slightly differently though.
You have to consider the update only contains files that have changed or are new, for example the "bin" folder in the upgrade contains 3 files, the "bin" folder on your device contains 5 files.
You need to put the files from the update into their respective folders on the device otherwise you will loose vital files that will make the device refuse to boot
I use Windows Explorer to achieve the above with two windows open at the same time, one shows the update the other shows the device, simply dragging files from one window to the other dropping the files into the correct folders or sub folders on the device.
To speed the process up you can copy/ replace the "helpme" folder in one go as that folder is complete within the downloaded update, all the others have to be treated as mentioned earlier - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 8 of 34

Jump to: