Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigon 2100max review
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigon 2100max review
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what I remember you'll need to use POI Warner to get that functionality. Don't quote me though.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
C1man
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
from what I remember you'll need to use POI Warner to get that functionality. Don't quote me though.

I have installed POI Warner and am using the PGPS database (Navman) on 2100max OK. (Am just on the point of downloading this week's update.)
inthe128
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats good to know, I did find another thread saying its possible. I am loath to buy another sat nav to be honest, but when the time comes, I really do not see it being another TT and the Navigon seems to fit the bill. I am looking forward to the iPhone version, might be the time to try it.
logiek
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Navigon 2100max review Reply with quote

Hi C1man,

I have seen a few threads on this website regarding using POI warner with the PGPS database on the Navigon 2100 max. I want to purchase POI Warner to use with my Navigon 2150 max. But before I do can you please help me with instructions on how to set up POI Warner and Navigon 2100 max with the PGPS safety cameras. Any help would be much appreciated.
C1man
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Navigon 2100max review Reply with quote

logiek wrote:
Hi C1man,

I have seen a few threads on this website regarding using POI warner with the PGPS database on the Navigon 2100 max. I want to purchase POI Warner to use with my Navigon 2150 max. But before I do can you please help me with instructions on how to set up POI Warner and Navigon 2100 max with the PGPS safety cameras. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sorry I haven't got back to you before but my *reply notification* had gone.

The POI-W instructions are a bit basic but are OK in the end. The only problem I have had is in loosing the Serliot (GPS receiver) settings which can also lock out the main Navigon system GPS reception. However this is simple to fix by using the POI-W Serliot setup in *Auto*. You need to be aware this can happen as it can't be fixed by a *soft reset* of the system.

Hope this doesn't put you off POI-W Surprised
C1man
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Navigon 2100max review Reply with quote

C1man wrote:
logiek wrote:
Hi C1man,

The POI-W instructions are a bit basic but are OK in the end. The only problem I have had is in loosing the Serliot (GPS receiver) settings which can also lock out the main Navigon system GPS reception. However this is simple to fix by using the POI-W Serliot setup in *Auto*. You need to be aware this can happen as it can't be fixed by a *soft reset* of the system.

Later (Sunday 28th June). Have just tried to install the latest POI-W update and am having problems (and have had to revert to earlier version)! Suggest you forget POI-W install until this problem is sorted. Embarassed
C1man
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Navigon 2100max review Reply with quote

C1man wrote:
C1man wrote:
logiek wrote:
Hi C1man,

Later (Sunday 28th June). Have just tried to install the latest POI-W update and am having problems (and have had to revert to earlier version)! Suggest you forget POI-W install until this problem is sorted. Embarassed

Later still on Sunday. I knew I had seen this problem fix somewhere and it was in a BigPerk posting about deleting the "overlays.ndb", settings.ndb", and "poidetails.ndb" in both the SD card POI-W directoy and in the C:\Program Files\POI-W directory. Everything now OK and checked on my local redlight camera. Also displayed the local Aldi store as I drove by! Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: