Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Streaming Bluetooth Audio
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Streaming Bluetooth Audio
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Streaming Bluetooth Audio Reply with quote

Has anyone tried the Sony MEX-BT3600U or MEX-BT5000/5100 head units with a GOx20 or x30 for streaming audio?

I know Mike Alder got a LG unit that works, but I like the look of the Sony units.

If anyone has got one of these and it works can you reply please.

Thanks
Andy
weelogic
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy,

I've tried the 5000 with the 920 and 930 to no avail. However, you might want to look at the Parrot MK6100. I've just had it installed and it streams music from my 930 or from my Asus P750 Windows Mobile phone just fine. One word of warning is that it gets confused with 2 BT devices connected at the same time and has a tendency for music to drop out at times. It works fine if I'm using the phone for both hands-free and music (I just move the 8Gb SDHC card between the phone and the 930 as needed). I'm waiting for a techie response from Parrot on sorting the 2 devices issue.

Regards

David
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weelogic wrote:
One word of warning is that it gets confused with 2 BT devices connected at the same time and has a tendency for music to drop out at times.

David, try turning off the Bluetooth on one of the devices and see if the problem is still present, when I have the 720 and 930 in the car at the same time it can cause Bluetooth audio to drop from time to time as the other devices polls for the connection. The trick is to only have a single device set to use the A2DP Audio connection.

This has driven me mad on a couple of occasions until I realised what was causing the problem - IIRC Andy the unit did this while you were in my car last month, at least I now know what causes it - Mike
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the advice - I will take a look at the Parrot and also try to get a look at the MEX-BT3600U as it is a new model so may work (or may not!!)

Andy
weelogic
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

Thanks for that. I guessed that was the problem. The pain is that I (obviously!) need to use the Parrot as the handsfree for calls, which I make and receive far too often for my liking :-) but I prefer the 930 for music, as the screen is much easier to use than fiddling around with the phone.

If the 930 could act as handsfree, while creating a BT passthrough to the Parrot for audio on calls (instead of stubbornly refusing to do anything other than handle it via the rubbish built-in speaker) the problem would be solved. If I turn off the BT on the phone then I lose the handsfree, if I turn off the 930 I have a harder job of accessing my tunes. Tch, they give with one hand and take away with the other...

Regards

David
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you disable A2DP on the phone?
weelogic
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question Andy. I can untick the box to have the Asus treat the Parrot as a wireless stereo, but I don't know if that will sort the issue. I'll give it a whirl though!

Cheers

David
weelogic
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, disabling A2DP worked.... until a call came in. The Parrot then simply broke the connection with the 930 (as opposed to pausing the music for the duration of the call). That resulted in the 930 merrily continuing the music through the internal speaker, then refusing to reconnect with the Parrot again until both were reset. I don't know if it's the Parrot or the 930, but I do know that the AVRCP control works between the Parrot and the phone, but not the 930. Methinks that it's TT's iteration of the BT profile that is causing the problem.

Oh well, back to the fiddly phone for tunes. Thanks anyway for comments.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been to Halfords this lunch - the MEX-BT3600U and TT don't even see each other.

Another one crossed off of the list..........

There was a JVC DVD head unit for about £500 that the TT did want to pair with - bit out of my price range though.

Andy
SatMonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The streaming doesn't work with Blaupunkt either
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have logged a support call with TT asking them what it does work with. The first response was 'anything that supports A2DP'. I then pointed out that this wasn't the case and asked them for a compatability list like they do for phones. The second response was to refer me to the phones compatability list.

I am stillawaiting a response to my rather terse reply to that! Currently sat on Research - or TT speak for we don't have an answer, lets hopr they go away and stop asking awkward support questions.

I suggest anyone else who wants to use this feature also asks TT for a compatability matrix - it is an advertised feature that doesn't seem to work (TMC springs to mind).

Another great idea spoiled by poor execution.

Andy
PicklesDad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:32 am    Post subject: I can confirm my MEX-BT5100 doesn't work with my 720. Reply with quote

Andy, they told me they didn't support A2DP devices. My old thread is here:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=64043&highlight=

PD.
PicklesDad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject: And this one has their reply in it Reply with quote

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=64394&highlight=

PD
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What TT support have told you is plain old wrong, although finding a device that does work this way isn't too easy - my LG unit does support the x10, x20 and x30 units with great audio quality, if you use the option to "Don't pause music when navigation instructions are spoken" it is even better, you are only offered this option when using Bluetooth - Mike
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Response (Brennan T. (UK)) 05/06/2008 06.59 AM
Dear Mr Vaughan,

Our 2nd Line Engineers have confirmed the following:

The Go 920 supports the following bluetooth profiles:

DUN: Dial up networking
HFP: Handsfree Profile
A2DP: Connect to HiFi BT headset or radio
OBEX: File transfer between bluetooth devices

Therefore, you will need to contact a Retailer in the UK that sells A2DP compatible headsets to connect to your unit. Any compatible A2DP should connect to the device and you should be able to use it for Hands-Free Calling.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: