Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom and device IDs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom and device IDs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BaggieBoy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: TomTom and device IDs Reply with quote

I think I know the answer already but just in case anyone has any bright ideas...

I initially bought a Palm Treo 680 (running PalmOS) as TT6 was being given away free with it at the time. I added the TT Traffic service shortly afterwards. I struggled with this setup for about 6 months or so, but the 680 just didn't seem up to the job, TT6 crashed often, especially when downloading traffic data. So I bought a Palm Treo 750 (running WM6) and TT6 w/traffic works perfectly. So all is well....except the 750 develops a screen problem and has to be sent back for repair or replacement. No problems I thought, I'll go back to the 680 for the time being. I get TT6 working on and and then try to enable traffic, this fails because the device ID has changes. SO I go onto the TT site and try to change the device ID but because I'd already changed it once when I went from the 680 to the 750 it won't let me make another change.

I know I could contact TT and ask them to allow the change, but I understand they can be quite difficult to persuade. Also since there is a good chance my original 750 will be replaced, I would probably have to ask them again in a week or so to allow yet another change.
It doesn't seem to be worth the hassle.

Does anyone else find this 6 month per change rule annoying, it's not like I'm trying to get the traffic service on multiple devices?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: