Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Thinking of buying a TT 720, but confused by prices ...
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Thinking of buying a TT 720, but confused by prices ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Al-the-Al
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Thinking of buying a TT 720, but confused by prices ... Reply with quote

I'm really interested in buying a 720 now that they've come down in price as funds are a bit limited at the moment. However, I'm baffled by the recent price fluctuations with them!

I understand that the 930 is coming out pretty soon in the UK, which would presumably drive the x20 series units down? Three weeks ago I was a click away from buying a 720 from Curry's for £161.49 (including a 5% discount voucher) but didn't because I was too tired and needed bed. The next day, it rose to £229.99! That's quite an impressive rise for a product soon to be replaced. I started watching the price in other stores that were within £10-15 of £161.49 thinking they might come down, but sure enough, they all started following each other uphill. Even Amazon, which is usually pretty consistent with prices, suddenly shot up.

Apart from being dumb not to take that low offer when I saw it, what should I do now? Does anyone have an explanation for the rising prices? £189 in Dixons (including voucher) seems to be the best offer right now ... which is annoying as I could have saved myself £30 almost!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a simple supply issue, they will have discounted in advance of the 930 but either because the 930 is more expensive or because release in the UK has taken longer than anticipated they see an opportunity to hike the price to more sensible levels.
john877
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The price of Tomtoms are up and down like a yo yo just after Christmas you could pick a 720 up for £175 then they went up to £229 then they came down again to about £189.

It seems Tomtom policy to do short term promotions and special offers
Aldridge_Andy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in exactly the same boat, and just watching and waiting for prices to return to the more senisble £160 - £180 levels.

Next time I'll make sure I click to buy!

TomTom Go 720.
Al-the-Al
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, that's a shame! I could really do with it in a couple of weeks time for a long route. I've just seen Dixon's £189 offer dissapear today too. It's like they're reading my posts! ;o)

Care to hazzard a guess as to when it might swing back again? I guess £30's one less night on the town, but it still stings just on principle!
Vid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom 730 T Reply with quote

I bought my TomTom 730T yesterday and paid £279.99 from Halfords because thats the price they advertise it on their website for, but it is not just an internet price as you can reserve and pick it up in store.

The chap in Halfords did want to charge me £300 but I printed off the sheet from their website and he had to honour it.

As the x30 has now been released (in some parts) I thought for that price the 30s are fantastic.
page3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also in the market for a TomTom and so have been watching the prices keenly.

Initially I was after the new One XL V2 Europe, but it now appears it will not be available until 8th June, which is too late for my holiday. So, I'm looking at the 720 instead but it seems more expensive right now Sad

Anyone know if was can expect any bank-holiday discount at places like Halfords or I'll just have to purchase at the £190 mark.

Cheers all.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: