Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - navman f20 whats wrong with mine ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

navman f20 whats wrong with mine ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
welshlad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: navman f20 whats wrong with mine ? Reply with quote

Hi
my f20 does not seem to want to work.it powers up all ok but when the warning page turns up i can not get any of the touch screen options to work, basically it seems stuck will not progress any further whats up with it any ideas? I have taken it apart and to be honest not sure what i was looking for but it seems all ok no wires loose ect,opps tell a lie the red wire from the battery has come out of the socket but i have put it back in and the battery works fine or could this be the problem(doubt it thou). any advice will be great as i can not send it back to navman for repair as i have not got me receipt,even thou its only 8 months old and has a 2 yr guarantee.Maybe some one could lend me there receipt !!!!!! just a thought that way i get it repaired for free..
cheers people..welshlad..
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi welshlad and welcome to the forum.

Looks like you've got a live one there. On the one hand, if your f20 is only 8 months old then I would call Navman support as they will repair it and I doubt they will ask for the recipt as they use the serial number for reference. Second I hope in opening it you haven't marked it as if they think you have tampered with it then it'll be warrenty void!

Your problem however may be either hardware or software, and as one is easyer to check than the other, you still have a chance.

-Does it still connect to the pc.
-Can you reinstall the software on it.
-What screens can you see when it is on.
-When on, leave it for a moment before trying to use it.

If all above fail and Navman are no use.
-Do you need a new door stop.

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: navman f20 whats wrong with mine ? Reply with quote

welshlad wrote:
i can not get any of the touch screen options to work

Have you tried recalibrating the touch screen? If you haven't tried it yet, someone posted on this forum a few months ago instructions on how to do that.
welshlad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: f20 whats wrong with mine ! Reply with quote

Well as you all know i sent my navman f20 off to be repaired last week,
there was a problem with me producing the receipt.I explaind that it was a leaving gift and i did not have the receipt and left it at that.
I had a shock this morning when the postman knocked on me door and said i had a special delivery for you,it was only a brand spanking new f20 off navman what service...

Now i have it back what downloads can i get for it?
i have the usb lead but god know where the disc is will i require that for downloads?
its like having a new toy now especially as i have found this site
and i did not know so much info on satnavs
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: f20 whats wrong with mine ! Reply with quote

welshlad wrote:
Now i have it back what downloads can i get for it?
i have the usb lead but god know where the disc is will i require that for downloads?
its like having a new toy now especially as i have found this site
and i did not know so much info on satnavs

You'll need SmartS™ 2006 cd befor you can do anything. If you can' find it then look on ebay, but as it has no map data on it don't pay too much for it. Here is the online manuel.

As for stuff then look at the poi's dowloads on this forum,and of course consider a subscription for the PGPSW camera database.

Glad they sortd it for you. Enjoy! Wink

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
DenisC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi welshlad,
How did you manage to take you F20 apart? The USB connector on mine has fallen of and I would like to fix it, but I cannot open the device! I have unscrewed two screws at the bottom, but then I can't go any further... The covers do not seem to be coming off easily and I'm scared to "use excessive force". Any hints will be much appreciated!
Johnny_D
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DenisC wrote:
Hi welshlad,
How did you manage to take you F20 apart? The USB connector on mine has fallen of and I would like to fix it, but I cannot open the device! I have unscrewed two screws at the bottom, but then I can't go any further... The covers do not seem to be coming off easily and I'm scared to "use excessive force". Any hints will be much appreciated!

Hmmm that's interesting. Mine fell off too. Forcing me to purchase a TTG 520 [For shame - Laughing Out Loud]

But i'd still like to repair it for a backup unit or a unit for the wife.

Opening it was easy actually - just undo the screws and use a knife to gently pry the two parts away from each other.

JD
Bloody Superb PGPSW Camera Database.
Not much else!
souldude
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have the same problem were the usb has fallen off. tried ways to get it back on but because it is not soldered on to the board it is just stuck to the pcb but have not a clue what to use. So far tried glue but to no availe as it still will not charge the battery.
Any ideas on this would be greatful.

Not under warranty so can t get it replaced.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: