Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Go920t : Traffic and Weather Problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Go920t : Traffic and Weather Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iainh23
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: TomTom Go920t : Traffic and Weather Problem Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a TomTom Go920t

The problem I have is this, the Traffic and Weather features wont work for me, when I try to even click on them I just get the message "This feature is not supported" but this has only happened recently, when I used to press it it worked (if I was connected to the PC) and if I was using it in the car via by Bluetooth I got an option to set up a data connection (but my last phone wasnt able to do that) but the option was there.

I now have a new phone that I could set that up, but I just get the error message (connected to PC or in car with my phone connected via Bluetooth) and so I cant even try and set the data connection up.

This is realy annoying as I have no idea why this wont work anymore and I cant see anywhere I can even set up a data connection manually, allthough I'm not sure that would even work as it wont let me use the features.

I havnt modified anything on the satnav and have only had it maybe 3 months and so all I have done are the TomTom updates when I sync it occasionally with my PC.

Cant anyone shed any light on why I am getting these error messages here or any fixes that I can do to try and set up a data connection or to just stop the error message coming up that is stopping me using these features.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might help a little if you tell us which phone you are trying to use and also which phone network you have and is the phone pay as you go or pay monthly as these can all have a bearing on the problem - Mike
iainh23
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
It might help a little if you tell us which phone you are trying to use and also which phone network you have and is the phone pay as you go or pay monthly as these can all have a bearing on the problem - Mike

The phone is an, HTC S620 (Excalibur) Its a PDA/Smartphone running on Windows Mobile 6 and its a contract phone (BT Mobile) so not a pay as you go, the phone also has unlimited GPRS and can also connect via a router on a home network or on certain roaming networks.

The phone works fine with the TomTom but there doesnt seem to be anywhere I can run a manual input on the data settings. My last phone tried to run the data settings for me when it was linked via the bluetooth but it seems once its been done once it doesnt offer me that again, hence I could do with an option to enter the details myself.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TomTom requires the Bluetooth DUN profile in order to work correctly, sadly/ stupidly MIcrosoft left that BT profile out of the WM6 Build, some devices have had it added back in, the best bet is to download/ install the BT DUN profile in way of a CAB file to your device This page has the download available when the sites server comes back up! try it later tonight - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: