Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CP7 Fix/Update
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CP7 Fix/Update
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schouten
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: CP7 Fix/Update Reply with quote

I've just received an Email newsletter from ALK which mentions a new update as follows " A CoPilot Live 7 software update is now available, incorporating a number of improvements and fixes to reported issues including.

+ Improved performance
+ New and improved guidance voices; Luke, Emily, James, Emma
+ New demo mode (with playback controls)

The update should be downloaded automatically through CoPilot Central (you must first register and login)."

Looking on CoPliot central a 63Mb "Installer" download is available dated 7 April but typically for ALK no other details - build version etc. Does anyone have any further information I'm already running 7.0.6.68 which has the above voices incorporated. Have I (probably) missed something - is this really "new"?

Thanks

Terry
wurhur
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eltel, not sure if this is the same but i have being speaking with ALK about it not accepting the "decline" when avoiding traffic problems (see post entitled U will go this way". They have now sent me a zip file "upgrade" which is copilot 7 version 7.7.0.134 i think this maybe the file you are also looking at. They have said i need to uninstall old version and reinstall new so just in that process and lets see Wink
kai666
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wurhur wrote:
Hi Eltel, not sure if this is the same but i have being speaking with ALK about it not accepting the "decline" when avoiding traffic problems (see post entitled U will go this way". They have now sent me a zip file "upgrade" which is copilot 7 version 7.7.0.134 i think this maybe the file you are also looking at. They have said i need to uninstall old version and reinstall new so just in that process and lets see Wink

i've got version 7.7.0.130, i have no updates through copilot central. is it worth contacting copilot for the update you got?
Schouten
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies I've emailed ALK to see what they say. Will post their response.
MortalWombat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Version Numbers Reply with quote

wurhur wrote:

I am running version 7.0.6.121, which logic dictates would be a much older version that either of you chaps have... However, I am not seeing any update available through CoPilot Live... very odd.

MW
Schouten
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest version is 7.7.0.134 which was the file showing in Co-Pilot Central. ALK rang me and went through the download and upgrade process with me - very helpful people.

@ MortalWombat I guess if you don't see the update file in CoPilot Central then it must think you are up to date (assuming you have your device synced) I'm not sure if the versions vary between different device applications i.e. Windows Mobile 2003 , 5/6 or Symbian?
MortalWombat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eltel wrote:
The latest version is 7.7.0.134 which was the file showing in Co-Pilot Central. ALK rang me and went through the download and upgrade process with me - very helpful people.

@ MortalWombat I guess if you don't see the update file in CoPilot Central then it must think you are up to date (assuming you have your device synced) I'm not sure if the versions vary between different device applications i.e. Windows Mobile 2003 , 5/6 or Symbian?

I'm running WM 6... out of curiosity, what mobile OS are you using?

MW
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running the O2 Orbit2 bundled version which lists itself as 7.0.6.139. Oddly when I first installed Central it said there was an update which I installed, but the version number remains as listed above.
I might email support and see if there should be a newer version.
thesmiley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running WM6 and my version is 7.7.0.134.
Schouten
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MortalWombat I'm running Pocket PC 2003
LoumiaConsulting
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have my copilot central handy, but guessed the download link to be:

http://www.alk.eu.com/files/v7/7.7.0.134.zip

It's currently downloading - perhaps the link will be useful for those who aren't getting the notification in CoPilot Central

Marcus

edit: Downloaded and installed on Mio A701 running WM6.1. Menu navigation seems a lot faster than the previous version I had (7.0.6.121), so I'd recommend it Wombat. I have CoPilot on a different SD card to the original and copied the files in the zip onto the SD Card, overwriting them. Uninstalled the original install, installed off the SD Card and all seems hunky dory so far. Picking up traffic incidents quite happily and navigating away.
AndyRoss
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've installed the update, by downloading the file above, copying over the correct installer file from the 2577 directory on my storage card and running it. It automatically uninstalled the previous version.

For some reason Co-Pilot always tries to install the WM5 version rather than the 6 version which I have to install manually!
ccarmock
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having downloaded the new version as a ZIP file and looked at the ALK installation instructions I see that it states to copy everything from the ZIP into the 2577 directory on the flash card. However the ZIP contains directories other than 2577 - ie copilot, private, resource and sys. I assume these should be copied into their respective directories or be created as appropriate?

The upgarde worked Ok except I thought it had additional voices, btu I still only can find the original two.

Also I deleted the ao*.* files and loaded the new ALK camera file, however even thought the ao*.* files are created again I don't see the integrating update messge, and the Safety Alerts button is greyed out. I get the same result with the PGPSW files too.

Any help appreciated.
thesmiley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just copied the 2577 directory contents and then after the uninstall/reinstall of Copilot I did the delete of the AO* files and copied the safety camera files into the SAVE directory. I had the usual integration message when I started up copilot and the safety alerts work for me.

I think the private, resource and sys seem to be something to do with S60 and UIQ phones. The copilot one seems mainly something to do with skins (themes), although there seems to be some TMC files there too, plus the safety camera file.
ccarmock
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after tryign the new version toda on two trips I can say... what a pile of rubbish!

On two trips the thing must have crashed about 5 or 6 times. Someone was with me int he car and reset the iPAQ and started it off again it woudl run for about 60 seconds and totally hang - coudln't even turn the iPAQ off.

This is on an IPAQ 3970 with Windows Pocket PC 2003

I've tried allocatign more memory to programs and less to storage and will try again, but so far I am unimpressed. Safety cameras just don't seem to work at all any more and the frequent crashing.

I'll email ALK technical support to see what they have to say.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: