Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Home 2 failing to install new map
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Home 2 failing to install new map

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guff
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Home 2 failing to install new map Reply with quote

I've just upgraded to Home 2 to manage my Go 510. I also just purchased the new map of Western Europe. Home 2 won't download it to the Go though.
On its first attempt I had to abort after 4 hours!
it now says it has copied it, but only some of the files have been copied. No cline or anything like that.
There's plenty of space on the card (2GB card with 1.7GB free)
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Post is rather confusing. Confused

HOME downloads Maps to the PC and then installs them to the Device.

So when you aborted, what did you do next? If you aborted during the download you may welll have an incomplete download.

What says what has been copied?

Can you go through the process that you followed, with any messages you received, and what you and/or the PC were doing at the time.

I will also move this Topic to the correct Forum.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming you interrupted the download (likely) Go into "Documents", "TomTom", "Home" on your PC (not the TomTom drive). Find the "Downloads" folder and erase all the entries (likely only 4 or 5). Then try logging into Home again and see if the map update appears. If not, go back to the "Home" folder, "From Device", and erase any entries in that directory and try again. The map update should be there if it wasn't with the previous step.
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloading the map can take up to 5 or 6 hours. If your download is complete you should be able to install it from HOME. Mine wouldn't install it at first, kept giving me an error message, but it went fine after I rebooted the computer.
Guff
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Sorry, let me be more specific Reply with quote

The map downloaded to the PC OK and is sitting there as a Zip and a bunch of CABs in the TomTom/Home/Downloads/Map/Western Europe.

The problem is in the transfer between the PC and the Go 510.
Home 2 transfers some of the files, but not all: including the map. It says it all worked OK, but there's no map on the Go.
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried resetting? and maybe restoring factory settings?

Can you see the map using explorer? How big is it? I had this with my free map guarantee upgrade. I kept deleting & reinstalling it with the same result. TT Support was trying to help unsuccessfully.

Then I accepted the upgrade to HOME 2.3 and App version 7.4881, and installed it again and it was fine.

I told TT Support who thought it was most likely the HOME upgrade that had sorted it, although I wonder if it was just coincidence.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Sorry, let me be more specific Reply with quote

Guff wrote:
The map downloaded to the PC OK and is sitting there as a Zip and a bunch of CABs in the TomTom/Home/Downloads/Map/Western Europe.
There should be 5 Files in the Download. 2 .gif Files, an Activation .cab File, a .toc file and the Map .zip File. The last 2 will be named Western_Europe.

Guff wrote:
It says it all worked OK, but there's no map on the Go.
Do you mean you can't see the Map on the SD Card, or that when you start the Device up it says "No Maps Found"?

If you have the right download files, and HOME is definitely not copying all the files (I think it should be 32, including the 19 cspeech files), then we can go through doing it manually.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: