Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - question & advice TTN2 & ipaq 5550
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

question & advice TTN2 & ipaq 5550

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottian
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:31 am    Post subject: question & advice TTN2 & ipaq 5550 Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm not sure if I have posted this in the correct forum, sorry if I haven't.

I am currently using TTN2 with a ipaq 5550 (pocket pc 2003) and a cabled Magellan 315 GPS, map stored on internal ram.

I would like to upgrade the GPS to a sleeve either navman (3300 or 3450) or emtac and store the maps on a disk.

Has anyone got any advice which I should go for?

I have read many posts about possible problems with CF or SD storage for the maps, problems with the ipaq 5550 & the navman sleeves with the pocket pc 2003 OS.

I'm going round in circles with confusion. My current setup works okay apart from a small bug where TTN2 will not display the map at start up. I have to open the instruction menu and then show map menu to get it to work. I got no idea why this should happen..

I need to upgrade as I am fast running out of storage on the 5550 and the cabled GPS is difficult to carry around and mount in the car.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Many Thanks

Scottian
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are set on a sleeve then I recommend the Emtac. The issue with SD cards is only with reference to a specific brand - Sandisk and any manufactured in China.

Is there any reason why you have not considered a BT GPS? These would be a better option in my opinion and if you change your PocketPC you would still be able to use the GPS assuming the replacement was BT capable. Jackets are not supported by any of the newer PPC's and so any investment in them is going to be wasted should you upgrade.
scottian
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for the reply

My thinking behind the sleeves is that I would quite like to use some topographical maps with the ipaq 5550 at some point in the future for walking, etc.

I was thinking that a sleeve would provide a compact solution.

Plus, I had read some long term issues with BT GPS.

However, I am open to suggestions to which BT GPS I could go for. I have read most of the reviews on this site for CF, BT & sleeve GPS which is why I am confused.

Any suggestions or experiences with ipaq 5550 and GPS combinations?

Many Thanks

Scottian

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: