Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - M25 Variable Limit Cameras Heathrow
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

M25 Variable Limit Cameras Heathrow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cuepower64
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: M25 Variable Limit Cameras Heathrow Reply with quote

I have installed the latest Speed camera database on my TomTom navigator device, but have noticed the recent variable cameras around the Heathrow section of the M25 do not appear to be included!! Are they active?? Any comments welcome!! :?: :?: :?:
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You haven't given any specific locations for us to check, but if you do know specific locations, have a look on the submissions map. There are already two cameras showing between junction 13 and 14 and two between junction 14 and 15. These should be warning you if you have installed the database correctly.

Wherever these speed zones are installed, you might have: gantries with the light-up signs but NO cameras at all, gantries with real working cameras, or even gantries with dummy camera boxes.

Whenever a new section of these gantries gets erected, there is a rash of submission reports for new cameras in totally empty gantries.
Someone has to visit all these reports (just in case the situation has changed), but usually they are rejected time and time again.

Gantries that have speed displays but NO camera boxes will have NO icon.

Gantries with dummy cameras are more tricky. We depend on inside information where available, otherwise someone has to visit with a radar detector to see if the boxes are "live" or not. For absolute proof, this has to be done when the reduced speed limits are actually in force, as many of the cameras are not switched on when the road is flowing normally.

b]MaFt the database organiser tries to put [/"baby's dummy" symbols where the cameras are known to be fake[/b]. (For example on the M42 between junction 5 and 6)
cuepower64
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply Andy P
The location I was questioning is Between J12 to J15. I installed the OV2 files. Are the the cameras you noted in your reply in the OV2 files or elsewhere? :?: :grin:
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, you said near Heathrow, so I looked at the two junctions nearest the airport...
As well as the cameras I mentioned, there are also two cameras already in the database between junctions 12 and 13.

All of them are in the ov2 files and also on the submission map HERE

If you enter "51.41237, -0.54365" into the "Find a location" box just above the map, you will see the two between J12-13 scroll the map northwards past Heathrow to see the other four.

If you want to look on your TomTom for them, you can look in the Gatso - Variable file and do a search for ID numbers
GATSO:52949
GATSO:52416
GATSO:52433
GATSO:52432
GATSO:53223
GATSO:53246

So, we need to try to find out why you are either not seeing them, or being alerted to them, or whether it's just that you think there should be more than those six....

Can you find them in "Browse Map"? (assuming you have them set to be visible in the "Show POI on map" setup)
Are ALL the categories of camera (PGPSW Gatso Var. in this case) set to "warn when near..." ?
How many added POI categories do you have on the machine in total? (ignore the built-in ones). the best way to check is to count ALL the ov2 files in the named map folder.
BaggieBoy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I travel daily between J12 and J16 and have seen no problems with the correct cameras being displayed (TT Navigator 6). I update weekly and they've always shown up OK.
cuepower64
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Thank you Andy_P Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
You haven't given any specific locations for us to check, but if you do know specific locations, have a look on the submissions map. There are already two cameras showing between junction 13 and 14 and two between junction 14 and 15. These should be warning you if you have installed the database correctly.

Wherever these speed zones are installed, you might have: gantries with the light-up signs but NO cameras at all, gantries with real working cameras, or even gantries with dummy camera boxes.

Whenever a new section of these gantries gets erected, there is a rash of submission reports for new cameras in totally empty gantries.
Someone has to visit all these reports (just in case the situation has changed), but usually they are rejected time and time again.

Gantries that have speed displays but NO camera boxes will have NO icon.

Gantries with dummy cameras are more tricky. We depend on inside information where available, otherwise someone has to visit with a radar detector to see if the boxes are "live" or not. For absolute proof, this has to be done when the reduced speed limits are actually in force, as many of the cameras are not switched on when the road is flowing normally.

b]MaFt the database organiser tries to put [/"baby's dummy" symbols where the cameras are known to be fake[/b]. (For example on the M42 between junction 5 and 6)

Thanks for all your help Andy_P...... all now sorted and OK. The problem was too many POIs installed on my device. All cameras now show up. Razz Very Happy Very Happy after I removed lots of POIs I did not use. Thank you again. Very Happy
cuepower64
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaggieBoy wrote:
I travel daily between J12 and J16 and have seen no problems with the correct cameras being displayed (TT Navigator 6). I update weekly and they've always shown up OK.

Many thanks for your contribution BaggieBoy..... All now OK after Andy_P mentioned in his reply to my post about too many POIs ..... which was the case for me. I have uninstalled POIs I do not use (200 of them !!) and all the cameras now show!! Very Happy Laughing Very Happy

THANK YOU TO YOU ALL Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: