Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New maps catch 22
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New maps catch 22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
howie555
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: New maps catch 22 Reply with quote

First of all let me thank every one who contributes to this forum, it offers the best support and advice of any gadget that I own, and on that note does any one know a good forum for HTC pdas'.
Home is now offering me the new maps under the latest map guarantee, however when I try to install them I get an error message telling me there is not enough room on the device.
I then remove the both European and American maps , go to update my device, but maps are now not offered, tells me my device is up to date. I tried restarting home but still no maps offered. When I reinstall the new maps and launch home the new maps are offered. Any one got any clues as Tom tom have not.
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For HTC Devices you cannot beat

http://forum.xda-developers.com/

If you accept the map upgrades it normally saves them to your PC first and then downloads them to your PNA so you should be able to pick them up from your TT Home on the PC, if that fails a decent 2 or 4gb SD card to load them to (Bear in mind play are doing 4gb SDHC cards for 7.99 these days)
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked you up to decide that you're talking GO920 here! Remember to give a clue next time!

So, the answer is, get a spare SD card (min 4GB) and copy your maps to that, then when you connect to Home and it asks, select External Memory. Go for the update and let it then delete one set of maps to make room - it DOES ask if it can delete maps doesn't it? - my GO720 did.

You're good at Windows Explorer backups aren't you (hint - say YES). Very Happy

Delete all your voices to let it have room to update (because you're so good at backups, you're not afraid to delete anything, then copy it back again). Very Happy

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
howie555
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, yes it is 920 and no it did not ask to delet maps, I did that on TT support (ha,ha,ha) advice.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: