Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New ViaMichelin Site - HELP!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New ViaMichelin Site - HELP!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eeeboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: New ViaMichelin Site - HELP! Reply with quote

Hi all.

Can anyone tell me how to export a route to my GPS?

I want to plan a trip abroad (with just 1 stop-over) using ViaMichelin Driving Directions and then export it to use on my 970T (euro version 7.03). I've tried various methods but have had no success.

The 'Send via' and 'Add to' seem to be the obvious choices but I can only save the route in 'My Next Trip' which doesn't seem to offer the option to export to my 970T.

The 'Help' tab isn't live yet so I'm beginning to wonder if the site is still not yet fully functional.

Can somebody advise please.

Many thanks.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only make a couple of possible suggestions (which you may have already exhausted) - I've saved a route in MyViaMichelin but have not tried exporting it, so I'm a bit unclear. Still here goes:

1) On the website, plan your route in 'Maps and Driving Directions'; use the 'Add to Saved items' to name the route and save to your MyViaMichelin; Go to MyViamichelin and select 'Manage my Bookmarks' tick the box next to your saved route and select 'Send on GPS' - you will be asked to select satnav make. I guess you will need to have the unit connected (and have registered it with VM). See how far you can progress on this route;

2) If not successful, (but you should at least have the route saved by (1)) see if you can use Content Manager to access MyViaMichelin and add/synchronise your route that way;

3) Search through these threads (IF you have the patience) - there was one I think which had a few comments on synchronising between the website and CM;

4) hope jonand markuk spots your post, I think he still uses the VM for route planning even though he has moved on from VM satnav, and may have more definite advice from memory than me!

A word of caution - when I saved a route with stopovers in MyViaMichelin, the stopovers got lost, just leaving me with a start/end route - no good at all. I've queried with VM and await a reply Soon ( Wink )

Last edited by BigPerk on Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eeeboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David.

Thanks for the tips.

I'll try them out tomorrow when I'm at work - can't do it now, two girls under 3 keeping me and the missus a tad busy at the mo....... Confused
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, yes, I remember - and it's not a lot different at 13 or 23 either Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: