Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POIs and Safetycameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POIs and Safetycameras

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lynnk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: POIs and Safetycameras Reply with quote

I have finally figured out how to import POIs into CoPilot 7. What should have been an easy explanation by the ALK tech support people has turned out to be a 4 month period of back and forth conversations where they provided me with very little help but a lot of "we're working on that" anwsers. Anyway, I now have imported my POIs.

Reminder ... I am in the USA and not sure if the code is different than that of the EU version.

During my experimentation on how to get the POIs into CP, I read all the articles in this forum about that subject and tried various things but every time after attempting the import, there was nothing in the AO* files for my POIs. I even tried following the Streetcamera information and tried to import my POIs as if they were street cameras, but again I was never successful at importing them.

Now that I have my POIs in CP, I made a trip last weekend and to my delight, my POIs alerted me perfectly. However, as I was driving along, all of a sudden I was alerted of a StreetCamera. None of my POIs are street cameras. It alerted me of a streetcamera near where one of my POIs is located. I remembered that during my experiments to import, I used several of my POIs and tried to import them by calling the file Streetcamera.ov2 but never was able to find any of those POIs and assumed that the import failed. Does anybody know where the streetcamera points get stored? I deleted all of the AO* files before I imported my POIs and I assume that the AO* files now contain only my POI's. Where did this Streetcamera alert come from? Are they stored under some other name or in some other place???? How do I get rid of any streetcameras that seem to be in my system?

Also, one more item ... I was going to put some real streetcameras into my system and I remember reading in one of the posts that you should put streetcameras into the system before you try to import any other POIs. Can anybody confirm if that is true?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: