Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT 930T Unboxing & Comparisons With 720T
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT 930T Unboxing & Comparisons With 720T
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smartdriver wrote:

The PM was with me but only as a result of your post here http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=66413&highlight=

Curses! I am senile after all... I replied in that topic! Crying or Very sad
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update for you,

I have moved away from the 930T

But got a reply from TT Support today with regard to ASR Not working on the US Maps and only the EU Maps

The Reply was that as I had purchased a European 930T I only had the right to EU ASR and 930s sold in the US would have US ASR and NO EU ASR as it was region specific and not being provided on the second region maps on the unit

Whast a complete cop out from a company just to hide the fact that the unit memory is not big enough to support both, Frankly I am disgusted with them

REPLY FROM TOMTOM

May we apologise for the delay in responding to your query.

Your reference for your query is 080425-XXXXXXX.

I have spoken to our 2nd Line support department regarding the issue with your device.

The devices that use the Automatic Speech Recognition - ASR, are separated by the regions where the devices are purchased.

Since your device was purchased in Europe, it is a European edition of the Go 930, and the ASR will only work for your Western Europe maps.

The devices purchased in the USA or Canada, will have the ASR functional only for those regions also.

I apologise for the previous misinformation, and if you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

With Best Regards
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you replied....

There is NO mention of this in any of their advertising before you buy OR in the manual after you buy.
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I have really had it with them! I just cannot be bothered any more

TBH I can really understand why people are pirating there product as it seems sometimes its the only way to get what you paid for.
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
I hope you replied....

There is NO mention of this in any of their advertising before you buy OR in the manual after you buy.

And why do the 920's have VR for both maps (albeit, voice files and associated map need to be separate from voice files and other associated map. In other words, one map and voice files on sd card, the other in internal memory).
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom seem to treat Customers Like Mugs

Customer A: Purchases TT Go 930 @ £399.99 gets loads of Hassle from TT Support and is told cannot use ASR outside Region

Customer B: Purchases TT Go 720 @ £179.99 Goes to a certain website that shall not be named downloads pirate copies of the V8 maps and Navcore 8 spends 10 mins installing on 720. Now has the same functionality as Customer A and is £220 better off!

Do TomTom Offer incentives for customers to stay as Customer A and not stray to the dark side and become Customer B - Do they h3ll.

I have always found TT support dismal, but would never have considered becoming Customer B: BUT They are getting me close to it!!
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vicky wrote:
TomTom seem to treat Customers Like Mugs

Customer A: Purchases TT Go 930 @ £399.99 gets loads of Hassle from TT Support and is told cannot use ASR outside Region

Customer B: Purchases TT Go 720 @ £179.99 Goes to a certain website that shall not be named downloads pirate copies of the V8 maps and Navcore 8 spends 10 mins installing on 720. Now has the same functionality as Customer A and is £220 better off!

Do TomTom Offer incentives for customers to stay as Customer A and not stray to the dark side and become Customer B - Do they h3ll.

I have always found TT support dismal, but would never have considered becoming Customer B: BUT They are getting me close to it!!

Fully support your view here, back in the Navigator days I used to purchase every version, and generally I was a happy customer. Now due to the poor quality and lack of respect for their customers I'll pirate the software and test it prior to parting with my cash.
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just reading TomTom's response and it just does not stack up, they are selling a product that is supposed to provide navigation features for both Europe & the US. Where on the box does it say that it is a European version and specific functionallity will not be available outside this region?
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpeedCam wrote:
Just reading TomTom's response and it just does not stack up, they are selling a product that is supposed to provide navigation features for both Europe & the US. Where on the box does it say that it is a European version and specific functionallity will not be available outside this region?

Its a bit like the map guarantee, you buy a unit with US & EU Maps on but if you claim under the guarantee they try and tell you only the maps for the region where you live will be updated. Had that problem with Richards 920 (Had V710 on it) when he asked for 915 they said EU only, only got NA as well after a fight.

Diabolical Customer Service
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpeedCam wrote:
they are selling a product that is supposed to provide navigation features for both Europe & the US.

Spot on! Why would I buy a device with US mapping if I couldn't use it? Why would they sell a device with US mapping that customers can't use? I have a mate who regularly holidays in US and hires cars, and tours everywhere. What can they say to him when his device will only work in Europe? It's just the same as if they sold me a Europe map that only worked in England.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Infama
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vicky wrote:
To be honest I have really had it with them! I just cannot be bothered any more

TBH I can really understand why people are pirating there product as it seems sometimes its the only way to get what you paid for.

You can DL the speech files directly from their website!
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infama, if they had simply included more memory, it wouldn't even be an issue
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You can DL the speech files directly from their website!

Ywa but they will not supply the North America ASR Files these are needed to get the Voice Recognition working,

They are still insisting that only EU ASR is supplied with an EU 930T and will not budge on supplying the US ASR Files,

So it seems the only way you can get NA ASR on a european 930T is to download and use pirated files which is just a joke when you have paid £399 for a unit with US maps!
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update

Now had a Final response from TomTom to my questions over

1: Failure to supply NA ASR Files
2: Failure to offer V805 Map upgrade even tho device less than 30 days

The response is

As my device was purchased from outside the UK (Pixmania), Purchased and paid for in UK Pounds - Through a direct link on the TomTom UK Website

TomTom have deemed it an import and as such not entitled to ANY UK Support (IE Map Upgrades and extra files etc)

They are really being total Ar$eholes here, are they not aware that the UK is part of the EU and to restict free trade and purchase between all member countries is illegal. I really don't know what to say

I really don't want anything to do with them anymore. I jsut checked our accounts and in the last 6 Years have spend over £5k on TomTom devices for ourselves and staff. *(Devices & Map upgrades etc)

As far as I am concerned thatsd the lot now, not another penny is going to them, I will phase out all our remaining devices and go to a cheapo (Throwaway) range for staff. And invest in the garmin powered built in units for Richard & myself.

Cheers TomTom. Toys well and truly thown out of pram now.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick pointer though, the 930 was supplied with Western and Central Europe mapping on the device, there is no new version 805 Western and Central Europe map available at the time of posting this, so TomTom are not doing anything wrong on this issue. The Western Europe map which is v805 covers less area and countries, so any "free" upgrade to this map would reduce the devices capability (although it would free up the lack of memory issue earlier in this thread).

The ASR issue is a different matter and one they should resolve, if/ when the 805 Western and Central Europe map is offered for sale and you are within the period to qualify for a free upgrade then irrespective of where the device was purchased from they should honour this IMHO - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: